Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend

Have I mentioned how blessed I am to be this little boy's mama?!?!?! He is the best thing in the world! I know I might complain from time to time (motherhood is hard and there's no other mother out there that won't agree with me on that!), but believe me, I love this kid more than life itself! Seriously, he is awesome and my second Mother's Day was just as fulfilling as the first! Oh and not to mention, he's pretty good at getting his mama Mother's Day gifts! Shopping here I come! Boy, do I need it!

We had a busy weekend! It was one of those weekends where Joel and I had to make a list to make sure we got everything done! We started out with dinner Friday night with the Reed's to celebrate Jordan's (Joel's brother) graduation from UAB (he got his Master's). Congrats Jordan! Hudson did so well at dinner that we actually thought we might could do restaurants again! With a graduation and a wedding to attend, and not to mention Waterbabies at 8 am, it was a busy Saturday! Yesterday, we went to church and then had lunch at La Paz (of course, my choice!). Unfortunately, lunch was not as glorious as dinner on Friday night. Hudson was terrible and I ate most of my meal by myself while Joel took Hudson outside. I guess two restaurants in one weekend was enough for the little guy! After a quick 45 minute nap, we headed to my parent's to give my mom a little Mother's Day gift. My parents decided they wanted to take Hudson to see my grandparents so Joel and I got a few hours of freedom! It was fabulous--don't get me wrong, we missed the little guy, but a few hours of peace and quiet was much appreciated! We then cooked out last night to end the weekend. It was a wonderful weekend. I'm starting to think Mother's Day might be my new favorite holiday! Ha!


Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there, including both of ours! Hope it was a special day for you all and that you were pampered as you deserve to be!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment