Thursday, May 6, 2010

14 Months

Hudson hit the 14 month mark on May 1st. I'm still coming to the realization that I have a toddler now! Every morning when I go wake him up, I feel like he is looking more and more like a little boy and less and less like a baby. It's bittersweet. I told Joel tonight that I just love this age and he reminded me that I said that last month, and the month before, and the month before that! Oh well, it's true!

Hudson is so much more interactive now and he does not sit still at all! He's always on the go. He is starting to understand what I say to him from what I can tell, and slowly but surely, I think I'm starting to understand some of the Chinese that comes out of his mouth! Ha! Seriously, I think he speaks a foreign language. He speaks with such inflection too that I know he is carrying on a real conversation. I just wish I knew what it was about! Every day when we pull into the garage, he starts saying "car, car," meaning he wants to ride in his little car. He gets SO upset when we opt to not do that! Most days, he gets his wish though. It is such fun to ride in the car to the mailbox (which he also is obsessed with opening and closing) and back to the garage! He is also pointing and saying "dog" to all dogs that we pass, even when we're in the car. For the past few days, he's been getting really good at shaking his head "no" and saying it too! Something tells me I'm not going to like that one as much! He also wants to be outside all of the time. I think he says "outside", but it doesn't really sound like that. He says it the same way every time so I know that's what he means, but no one else would probably understand him just yet!

As I have stated before, the new daycare has allowed me to have more time with Hudson every day and I am loving it! All of these pictures were taken this week once we have gotten home for the day, so excuse Hudson's crazy hair and dirty outfits! He's a mess for sure by the end of the day! He has been in a great mood when we have gotten home so we've had a lot of good play time. I think he's over his preference for everyone except for mommy. I am feeling a little more loved these days! :) No more tears over feeling unloved! Ha!

Hudson is dancing in the picture below (Check out the "fro" too! It's time for a haircut!) I wish I had the video camera out because whenever he makes the barn play music, he dances. Actually, whenever he hears music nowadays, he starts bouncing. It is so funny! He can now do the motions to "Wheels on the Bus," which is oh so cute!

This past weekend in Mentone, I forgot to take a bottle and formula with me (I know, way to go!). Good thing he's 14 months and is not supposed to be taking those anymore because that gave us a good opportunity to drop that last bottle and we haven't looked back since! I have found that our bedtime routine has had to change a bit though because we used to bring him downstairs after his bath and we would give him his bottle before taking him back up to bed. Well, he has associated coming downstairs to getting his bottle and once we realized that, when we go up for a bath now, he doesn't come back down! He goes straight to bed and it has worked every night so far! I didn't think we would ever be able to drop that last one, but it was easy.

Mealtime is still a bit stressful. He's obviously a picky eater. It frustrates me because he won't try things. When he does, he usually ends up liking it, but getting it into his mouth is so difficult. I've tried to force it in there and boy, that's not a good idea. Talk about a major fit! He also goes in spurts with things. One day he'll like something and the next day, he refuses to eat it. Basically, I never know from day to day what he's going to like and what he doesn't. The one consistent thing is bananas. I feel like he's going to turn into one with all the bananas that he eats!

Hudson has also added another tooth this month! That brings the total up to a whopping 5 teeth, 3 on the top, 2 on the bottom. There are 8 month olds with more teeth than Hudson! Poor buddy.

Of course, Hudson is still not walking. He does great holding a hand, even better than ever before, but he just won't let go. We're so ready for him to walk. I know people keep saying that we don't need to wish that too quickly, but I'm over it! He's a load if you haven't noticed!

Hudson is loving this piece of furniture that we have downstairs. He is obsessed with getting in it and closing the door behind him and playing peek a boo. It was my great aunt's so needless to say, it is very old. We are so afraid that every time he gets in it, the bottom is going to fall out, but so far, so good!


Peek a boo!!!

He's mad that I am not shutting the door. He likes for it to be completely closed!



We are starting a Waterbabies class this Saturday so I will have to update about how that goes. It should be interesting! It's going to be early though...we have to be there by 8 am every Saturday for the next 6 weeks! I'm hoping it's going to be something fun that Hudson and I get to do together!

Happy 14 months to our buddy! Maybe we'll have a walker by the 15 month post!

No comments:

Post a Comment