Saturday, October 29, 2011

Our Week

Joel is in Auburn at the game and Hudson is at the lake with the Reed's, so Harrison and I have enjoyed a nice, quiet day together! I am thankful that the Reed's offered to take Hudson. I have gotten a lot done today! I went out shopping for some things to wear to Carrie's wedding festivities because shopping with two kids is absolutely out of the question, worked on my speech for the rehearsal dinner, put up toys and straightened the house up, and did about 10 loads of laundry (that never seems to end!). Productive day I should say!

This week has been crazy. Monday, Harrison had a little surgical procedure down at Children's. It went really well, but he's been recovering all this week. Poor buddy. He's on the mend though! This week, he has had the worst case of baby acne. Hudson never had it this bad! If anyone knows some remedies for this, let me know! It does seem to be getting better, but it still looks terrible. I've been told to just let it run its course, but I hate his face looking like this. He's still cute though and oh so sweet.

Wednesday night, one of our dogs chewed up the tubes on my pump. There was a piece missing (I assumed she ate it) and so off we all went at 7 pm to Babies R Us to get new tubes, with a promise to go to Bruster's after that to get ice cream. This was a huge necessity as I've been exclusively pumping and without the tubes, that's it for the breastmilk (I told Joel that it was a sign from God and that maybe I was supposed to just quit! You know, because me and the pump are best friends and all. Ha!). Anyway, I couldn't find the tubes at Babies R Us, so off we went to Buy Buy Baby, where I found out that they didn't sell the tubes individually anywhere. Awesome. I almost burst into tears right in front of the lady in Buy Buy Baby. She told me you had to buy the tubes directly from Medela and that it would take several days to get them. That didn't help me! I had to pump that night! I was able to buy a manual pump for $57 that had the right tubes. So the dog cost me $57. It was almost 9 by this point and we had still promised a certain little guy that we would get ice cream (and he doesn't forget things!), so off we went. When we got home, I decided to search the house up and down for the missing part to my pump, and wouldn't you know, I found it. Anyway, long story short, I am still pumping and I got my $57 back, we got ice cream, and Hudson didn't go to bed until about 9:30 which made for a really fun next day! :)





Thursday was flu shot day. We had to be at the doctor early and had plans to do the mist, but the nurse had already gotten the shot ready, so we just did that. Hudson did really well surprisingly, and when it came time to pick his sticker, out of the Spiderman, Thomas the Train, Superman, and even Toy Story stickers, he picked Tinkerbell. Have I mentioned that he loves seeing Tinkerbell??? I know, strange. Highlight of the visit--Dr. C. loaded us up with more formula. He's the best pediatrician ever. I'm trying to stockpile the formula so that when we do make the switch, we won't have to buy much. I hate having to pay for formula! It's so expensive! I then dropped off Hudson at school and when I picked him up that day, Hudson's teacher told me that he went to time-out twice that day because he hit his friends. She told me he's definitely going through an adjustment period at school. I hate that. He is not a hitter at all. He's usually so sweet. Hopefully, this too shall pass!





Friday, Hudson woke up and said he did not want to go to school, and it was cold and rainy so I kept him home and we declared it a movie day. Bad idea! It just so happened that my sweet little Harrison wanted to cry ALL morning long, so by 9:30, we had to get out of the house. I thought maybe a ride in the car would calm him down. We went and visited Mama Jean and Harrison cried the entire way, but then was a perfect angel when we got there. I guess he likes to be on the go just like his Mama! Hudson had fun visiting Mama Jean and of course getting on a sugar high from all the treats that Mama Jean has to offer. Our day got better after that and we all ventured out to Tortuga's with the Reed's for dinner that night. Everyone behaved perfectly and we had a great time!





Side note, doesn't Hudson look like such a big boy in the picture below!?!?!





How sweet is this?????





And this????





And just for the record, I got peed on three times this week (and I did not change my outfit two out of the three times!), and had poop spray on me mid diaper change in the middle of the night. Yes, it is fun with a newborn boy around!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! We have the same activity mat! Will loves his! :) Glad all is well! :)

    ReplyDelete