Monday, October 24, 2011

Grand Ole Pumpkin Patch

We headed to the Grand Ole Pumpkin Patch in Clanton on Saturday morning. We did the pumpkin patch at Old Baker Farm last year so I wanted to do something different this year. I think Joel and I both agreed that the one in Clanton had more for kids to do, BUT, we liked Old Baker Farm better just because it was more of a traditional farm atmosphere and a lot less commercial--but like I said, there was a lot more for Hudson to do in Clanton. It was still a fun morning out though and only a 30-40 minute drive from Birmingham. And now, our front porch has its first fall decoration--a pumpkin! Mama has slacked on decorating this year (I'm giving myself a good excuse this year though!).

The pumpkin patch in Clanton has helicopter rides, which was so neat for Hudson to watch. He loves helicopters as any little boy would. We decided to just watch the helicopters this year--maybe we'll do it another year!

After checking out the helicopter, we headed to the bouncy house/slide area. The slides were huge and so fast too. Joel did the slides with Hudson while I had to feed Harrison. They had so much fun!

I just love seeing this happy face!

Pure JOY!


Like I said, the slides were HUGE.



They also had pony rides. Two pony rides in two weeks for Mr. Hudson! What is funny is that he has the same serious face as he did on last week's pony ride, but he loved it again. He just doesn't like to show it in the pictures apparently!




They also had a petting zoo. The one thing we didn't love about this pumpkin patch was that each separate area was a separate cost. It wasn't much, but it felt like all we were doing was doling out money all morning! Ha! Hudson was having a blast though so we didn't mind, but it was kind of annoying!




I tried to get Hudson to pose for a picture...no go on that! I should post the picture of Hudson "holding" Harrison, but I'm afraid I might get in trouble with DHR if I did that! :) Just kidding, it wasn't that bad, but let's just say that Hudson was more interested in looking at the tractor than holding his little brother and looking at the camera!




This is what you get when you get a random person on the ride to the pumpkin patch to take a picture of you...oh well.



Two cute boys!
We finally made it to the pumpkin patch and Hudson just wanted to run to the end. He had no interest in looking at any of the pumpkins. Joel kept trying to get him to look at certain pumpkins and he would just tell him no, that we needed to keep walking (not that Joel would have let Hudson pick out our pumpkin anyway--the engineer in him is such that we have to get just the perfect pumpkin with rounded sides and a good top).



And we found the perfect pumpkin!




It really was a great morning out (can you see how beautiful it was outside?!?!). I just love this time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment