Monday, October 10, 2011

On My Own

Today was my first day on my own with the two kiddos and it went really well! I was surprised at how fast the day went by, but then I think about the fact that I didn't sit down all morning. Thank goodness for afternoon naptime! Life with two is BUSY! Both boys woke up while Joel was getting ready this morning (around 6:15--ugh!) so the day started early. It was a task getting both of them fed, me fed, Hudson bathed, both dressed, me showered and dressed, etc. I was exhausted by 9 am! Luckily, we had nowhere to be today because we sure would have been late if we did!

I did venture out with both of them to the park. I thought that would be good for us all to get outside for a little while and was a good way to ease me into getting out with two in tow! I even took some pictures!



If you look closely at Hudson's face, you will see that he took quite the tumble. While he was with my parents yesterday, he apparently fell face first into the concrete. My mom was not sure exactly what happened because she had gone inside for a second, but she thinks he went head first off his riding toy or something. It didn't bother him though, but it looks horrible! I know my mom felt bad, but it could have happened anywhere. He's just a boy and is rough and tough! But, he's got scratches from his forehead to his lip! Ouch!








I was able to take a short nap this afternoon before Harrison woke up, so that was good. Hudson took a 3 hour nap (woo hoo!) so Harrison and I had a little photo session while he was actually awake.




He's just SO sweet! I love seeing those eyes open!








Tomorrow I'm taking the boys to see my grandparents. It will be the first time they have met Harrison so hopefully he'll be on his best behavior! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment