Thursday, October 20, 2011

2-4 Week Checkup

This morning was Harrison's 2-4 week checkup. He'll be 3 weeks on Sunday. His stats are:

Weight: 8 pounds, 10 ounces (WHOA!) - 50-75th percentile
Height: 21 inches - 50th percentile
HC: 14 inches - 50th percentile

Just as a comparison, Hudson was 8 pounds, 9 ounces at his 2-4 week checkup and was 21 inches long too. Hudson was 7 pounds at his first checkup while Harrison was 7 pounds, 1 ounce. So, they are exactly the same in how they gained weight in two weeks. I think my jaw dropped at the appointment today because I thought it seemed like a lot of weight gain in just 2 weeks, but then I looked at what Hudson did and I feel better about it. Dr. C wasn't concerned either! He just said he's a growing boy. No more feeding issues at this house! :) Hudson was a chunky monkey so I'm hoping Harrison will be one too...I love big babies!

Harrison had to get his heel pricked and took it like a champ. No tears for this guy! Everything else looked great and we go back again in about a month.


We are still sleeping great at almost 3 weeks. This week, he is sleeping from 9 to 2 am and then gets up again at 6, which we're up by then anyway. He'll go back down after that, but unfortunately, I can't--got a two year old to take care of at that point! It's ok though...I'm not sure I could go back to sleep after that anyway. I think I'm getting used to less sleep!


The picture below is from last week when Harrison met my grandparents for the first time. My grandmother is 92 and my grandfather turns 94 today! Happy Birthday Granddaddy!




Hudson LOVED Granddaddy's scooter!




Mama Jean wanted Hudson and I to come to Somerby's Halloween party and while I wasn't thrilled with taking Harrison with us with all those old folks, we did it anyway. No one except Mama Jean was allowed to touch him! Hudson is Woody from Toy Story for Halloween. He wouldn't wear the hat or the boots of course...



We didn't stay too long, but it made Mama Jean's day to have her great grandchildren there!


No comments:

Post a Comment