Sunday, September 4, 2011

Thank You Auburn...

For almost sending me into early labor! :) I thought the heat might do it, but I was so wrong! Leave it to Auburn to stress us out. What a game--I think I'm still in disbelief that Auburn was able to pull that off. Sadly, it was to Utah State, so I think it may be a long season for us! But, I guess a win is a win and we'll take it!

It was HOT in Auburn. I knew it would be, and the only stipulation for me going was if we were able to score a parking pass, which we did, so I didn't have to walk very far. Thank goodness for that. Although, for an 11 am game, everyone gets to Auburn at the same time and it was a nightmare trying to get to our parking lot. We had big plans to eat lunch before heading to the stadium, but we just had to go on. I didn't want to miss the eagle flying! We had talked it up so much to Hudson that we just couldn't be late! We did take Hudson once last year and missed the eagle flying. We are always late it seems.

Hudson did like seeing the eagle and the marching band, but his absolute favorite part by far was seeing Aubie. He just LOVED Aubie running to the middle of the field holding the crystal ball from the national championship win last year. He thought that was just great, as did we all! He wanted to know where Aubie was the entire game, even asking for him during the Star Spangled Banner (hard to keep a 2 year old quiet during that!).

He also was a dancing fool! It's a good thing the band plays something in between every play because Hudson just loved it. He is such a mess! I'm not sure he watched much of the game, but he was really good anyway. There's always so much to look at. He was asleep in the car before we even got out of Auburn.

We had a great day in Auburn! It's good to go down there and see a win, especially since this was probably the last traveling weekend for me before the baby comes. I probably won't get to go down there for another game this year even though we did get tickets, so I enjoyed every second of it (sweat and all!). War Eagle!

No comments:

Post a Comment