Sunday, September 25, 2011

Our Weekend

I keep thinking, maybe this will be our last weekend as a family of three, but then I just don't feel like Harrison's coming anytime soon! I thought for a while that he would come early, but now I just feel like he's going to be late! I have no basis for that though! :) The more that I think about getting induced, I think it would almost be better with the second one since it will all be planned out and we'll know when and where Hudson needs to be and all that will all be taken care of. I sort of don't like the unknown with all this! With the first one, we had no other obligations, but now, I just want it to be as easy on Hudson as we can make it. I know it is totally out of our control, but gosh, it sure is consuming my mind!

Anyway, back to our weekend (the purpose of this post!). What a beautiful Saturday we had! I wanted to spend the whole day outside, but of course there were a lot of good football games on too! We kept our furry nephew, Kobe, starting Saturday morning until today while Carrie and Andres went to Atlanta, so our house was a little crazy with three dogs, one of which being a puppy! But, Hudson LOVED having Kobe here and he really was such a sweet dog. Our dogs, however, did not love Kobe and didn't give him a very good welcome, but they survived. He did so well and I think he really enjoyed having a backyard to play in (and a two year old to run laps with!)!

He really is as cute as he looks!



These are the instructions Carrie left us...hilarious. Kobe is definitely her baby!



Saturday night, we headed to Cayce and Andrea's to watch the Auburn game. While I didn't end up watching much of the game, I think that turned out to be a good thing. From what I did see, even though we won, we are terrible! There were other kids there and Hudson had a ball playing. They absolutely wore each other out, which was awesome! And, it was nice that he could play without me and I actually got to relax and socialize!


Today was my day in Hudson's Sunday school class so we headed to church this morning. It was fun, but exhausting! They are just so darn cute and I love seeing Hudson interact with the other kids (even if he is a little bossy...and destructive). We came home and did a little Sunday cleaning. We're trying to do better in keeping our house straight. It didn't help this weekend having three dogs, but our house was a mess and the maid just came on Thursday so the thought of having a dirty house for the next two weeks really bothered me! I told Hudson I needed to vacuum and he went and got the vacuum out of the closet, plugged it in (I will mention that I do NOT condone him plugging anything in the wall, but he sometimes fails to listen), and then went to town.



He had so much fun helping out. He really has become such a good helper around the house. He always wants to pitch in, so hey, why not let him. Maybe he will learn to do toilets next! :)




After naptime today (I myself took a 3 hour humdinger!), we dropped Hudson off at Migi and Pops' house and Joel and I headed to do a little shopping for Hudson. We wanted Hudson to have something from baby Harrison when he gets here and I think we may have gone a little overboard! Let's just say that if Hudson doesn't like Harrison after what he's getting, he's crazy! He's not spoiled at all, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment