Monday, September 19, 2011

Baby Sprinkles and a Bridal Tea

I was never one to want any kind of shower or sprinkle with baby #2, especially since it was another boy. I kind of felt like people had just done a shower for me for Hudson, so I hated for people to have to do it again! I don't love being the center of attention either and would have been totally fine not having anything this go around! But, I have some wonderful friends and co-workers that absolutely would not take no as an answer, and I was blessed with a couple of sprinkles for baby Harrison in the past couple of weeks in addition to the diaper shower I had last month that was given by our Sunday School class. I feel incredibly blessed to have all these awesome people in my life and I appreciate every one of you! You all made me feel so special and it didn't matter that it was another boy on the way--everyone wanted Harrison to have just as many cute things as Hudson did and for that I am SO thankful!

The first sprinkle was at the Tavern, one of my favorite places to eat! I got a night out with some very dear friends and it was SO fun! I got so many cute things. The first go around, I needed so many of the necessities--this time, it was all about the cute stuff and I loved it! Thank you girls for everything.


The girls at work threw me the next sprinkle at Olexa's. I just LOVE that place so that alone was a treat! I was spoiled again and had a great lunch and got some really special gifts! Thank you to all who came. I really am lucky to have you all as friends! Since I failed to actually take pictures at the sprinkles, pictures of the gifts will have to suffice! I definitely did not deserve all of this, but I LOVE it all!



Yesterday was the big bridal tea for Carrie. Why I thought it would be a good idea at 37 weeks pregnant to host a tea is beyond me, but nevertheless, I was so glad that I could do it for my sister! I'm definitely paying for it today--I'm SO sore from being on my feet all day. I did have a lot of help so that was good. I can't believe her wedding is in less than 2 months! I'm so excited for her and I know she is going to be the most beautiful bride you have ever seen! Just wait!

I spent all yesterday morning getting the house ready. It's not easy when you have a 2 year old to keep your house spotless! :) My mom came over Sunday morning and did the flowers (they looked SO good!) and graciously took Hudson back home with her after that so I could get everything done. It was a HUGE help! It's hard when you put all the toys up only to go back in the den 5 minutes later and they are all back out again, so I was so glad that she took him. Here was the main food table--I thought it turned out so cute!



The dessert table (my favorite part of course!)...





We all know that Carrie is a little out there and she does not like to do the norm. Therefore, a very formal bridal tea was not what she was looking for! So, we did a hat theme and everyone that came had to wear a fun hat. I thought at first that it might be a little silly and people wouldn't really get into it, but let me tell you, it was FUN! Everyone wore a hat and it gave us all something to talk about and oooh and aaaah over.


The bride and me! I think this might be the first time EVER that I have had lighter hair than her! Ha!



My mom and my aunt. We all thought my aunt's hat could have been worn at the Royal Wedding!


Here are some of Carrie's closest friends that were at the tea. See what I mean about the hats? What a cute idea it ended up being! And yikes, I'm starting to look humongous!






Carrie got a ton of great things. Seriously, I want everything she registered for! I was jealous!






Carrie, I absolutely cannot wait until your special day in November!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment