Monday, August 29, 2011

Weekend/Monday

The Reed's took Hudson to the lake with them on Saturday. He was SO excited about going that he woke up before 6 on Saturday morning! He was READY to go get on the boat! They graciously kept him all day and brought him back late Saturday night. He was so zonked that he didn't even wake up when I put his pj's on!

He got to do more than just the boat though...he got to ride on a 4 wheeler and apparently, he loved it! He had a blast and Joel and I were thankful for a full day to get things done around the house, and got a couple of kid free meals out too--can't beat that! One of my projects was doing the letters for Harrison's room. I think if we have a third child, he's going to have a four letter name! :) Eight letters was a lot!

Sunday was my first day to help in Hudson's Sunday School class. It really was a lot of fun, but I have a lot of respect for those that do that all day long! Maybe it's because I'm so pregnant, but it was exhausting! All the kids were so sweet though, with the exception of Hudson. I hope to goodness that he doesn't act like that when I'm not around! :) He wasn't terrible, but he would not share a toy to save his life and was just very needy the whole time. And, I couldn't go play with another child without Hudson getting jealous! I do think he was still very tired from Saturday so that didn't help his behavior! I'm looking forward to this year though and watching all these kids grow up. I just LOVE this age! They are just so darn cute!

Hudson's school is randomly closed this week (and two days of next week, but who is counting?!?!), so I'm staying home for most of the week with him. I'm kind of glad that I'm getting some good one on one time with Hudson because I feel like this baby is coming in the next few weeks. I just have this feeling I'm not going to make it to October--maybe because this one is so LOW that it hurts to walk!

We had a really good first day together. Hudson actually slept until 7:30, which is like sleeping in for me! It was great! We started off by going to the grocery store and I learned that I need to start going to Publix on Monday mornings! There was no one there! It was great. Hudson loves "driving" the cart at Publix and of course, has to get a blue balloon every time we go. I had given him the option of going to the zoo or going to the pool (secretly hoping with everything I had that he would choose the pool!), and he picked the pool! :) However, our neighborhood pool was closed today--who knew? And, how do you tell a 2 year old who has been excited about going to the pool all day and you've already gone through the torture of putting sunscreen on him that the pool isn't open?!?! So, we headed to the Birmingham Country Club instead. Not a bad alternative, even though I had to lie and tell them I was my mom because we are definitely NOT members! Good thing I still remember the member number from growing up! Ha! (sorry Dad!)

We had the pool to ourselves and had such a fun time!



After the pool, it was naptime for Hudson and a little work time for me, and then we played outside until Joel got home. It was a fun day, but man, I'm pooped tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment