Thursday, August 25, 2011

Recently...

As you can see, the blog has been suffering! I haven't taken a single picture since last Sunday (a week ago) before church. We've been busy doing things around the house to get ready for this baby...except that we haven't really done anything to get ready for the actual baby if that makes sense! Ha! We did a mini-redo of our master bedroom which stemmed from the fact that we desperately needed new carpet in there. We had to have the painter come anyway to fix a slight water issue that occurred a few weeks ago (that involved water FLOODING through our kitchen ceiling from the washing machine upstairs--Joel had unhooked the water hose without telling me!), so while he was here, we got him to repaint our bedroom. We took the opportunity to get new bedding and redecorate somewhat. The new carpet is coming next week, but it looks a lot better already! Anyway, we also got our den rug cleaned and are having all the carpet in the rest of the house cleaned next week. I guess this is part of nesting??? We've been cleaning out drawers and just doing things that we have been needing to do for a long time. It feels SO good! However, this weekend coming up is going to involve working on the nursery and getting out all the baby stuff that has been collecting dust in the attic. I think I will feel a lot better when that is done.

Here are the pictures I took last Sunday. Hudson started a new Sunday School class last weekend which seems to be really good so far! I'm going to be teaching in his class one Sunday a month, so that should be interesting. I'm excited about it though!

He has started this new thing where I ask him to smile and he gives me the cheesiest smiles!




Since I don't have much else to write about, here are some funny things that Hudson has been saying and doing lately.

"Do we have to watch baseball again Daddy?" Needless to say, Joel was a little upset by Hudson's unwillingness to love the Braves (even though we have to watch them EVERY night--I think Hudson learned that one from me!).

Joel and Hudson were outside and I heard Hudson crying and he ran inside to me and said, "Mommy, Daddy pushed Hudson and he needs to go to timeout!" Joel's story was that Hudson was disobeying and had to get a spanking on his bottom. Hmmm...

Friday, I had a big presentation at work so I had to be there for half the day (normally my day off). When I got home, Joel had tried unsuccessfully to put Hudson down for a nap before heading back to work for the afternoon. Hudson came downstairs and asked for a "foot knack" (fruit snack--his obsession!) and I asked him if he had already gotten one from Daddy before he left. His answer was no, of course, that he needed a foot knack. So, I promised him a fruit snack if he would take a nap, which he did with no issues. Only later did I find out that he had conned me and Joel HAD given him a fruit snack, so he got two. He's already trying to outsmart us--and it's obviously working!

"Mommy, we NEED the air conditioner!" This is what he says when we get in the hot car every day.

Every day last week when I picked Hudson up from school, I did my usual and aksed him about his day, who he played with and what did they do, what he ate for lunch, and the all important question--did you go to time out? Every day, he said that he did because he hit someone. And, it was a different child every single day so it was very believable! Well, I finally asked his teacher about it and she told me that he was pulling my leg, and that the only reason why Hudson went to time out last week was because he took his shoes off at the playground. :) She said he is definitely NOT a hitter! Now, why did we spend our whole week getting on to him about hitting people?!?! Ha! Oh and by Friday, when Joel picked him up, his teacher said that he was intentionally taking his shoes off on the playground and then putting himself in timeout, all the while smiling about it. It was a game. Oh well, at least he's not hitting!

While Oliver was painting the kitchen ceiling this weekend, Hudson yells, "Mommy, O-wiver is cleaning the ceiling!!!" He was so excited that Oliver was "cleaning."

I was talking to him about when we start to potty train, and he got really excited and said, "Mommy, I want to ride on the potty train! Choo-choo!!!" He clearly does not get the concept yet!

We were passing by the Statue of Liberty in Libery Park and Hudson was talking about how tall HE was. I told him that actually, it was a "she" and not a "he" and he said, "No, Mommy, it's a MAN." We went back and forth about it and I started to tell him that yes, while she does look like a man...then, I thought maybe we should just end that conversation!

His new thing to say is, "Oh my goodness!" It could be for anything and is just SO funny.

And lastly, we have hit the terrible twos I believe. It's been SO easy so far and he's just been so sweet that we thought, why does everyone say two is bad (although I have also heard that 3 is worse!)? Well, we've found it! He loves to tell me "no" and point his finger at me, and his new thing is to do that and then spit at me. Where he learned that, I have no idea, but we're working on nipping that one in the bud! Phew, he has an attitude! But, he's also sweet too so I guess it balances out!

And, as I finish this post, Hudson is now walking around upstairs--way past his bedtime! Duty calls!

No comments:

Post a Comment