Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Hunt for the Perfect Christmas Tree

Since Joel and I started dating, we have gotten a real tree every year. I was so accustomed to having artificial trees all my life, so this has been a new experience for me! Joel is an Eagle scout and one of their annual duties was to work the Christmas tree lot in Vestavia, so that's where we have to get the tree...you know, it's a sentimental thing for him! Ha!

I have been begging Joel every year to let us get an artificial tree. You can put it up so much earlier, it makes NO mess, and the shape is absolutely perfect, and each year at take down/clean up I almost have him convinced, but somehow he forgets it by the next Christmas. I will say, however, there is nothing like the smell of a real tree, and the picking out of the tree is always so much fun! I really can't wait for Hudson to know what is going on...I know it is going to be a blast picking out the perfect tree in a few years!

Hudson is all ready to go!


Here we are at the tree lot! It was a bit chilly so the picking went pretty fast! Hudson loved looking at everyone and loved getting everyone's attention!

One of the sweet workers at the tree lot noticed that this was Hudson's first Christmas and said we just HAD to get a picture in front of our tree! I was so glad that she offered to take it (even though she cut Joel's head off!).


After walking up and down the row of trees, we found the "perfect" tree. Well, it is perfect in Joel's eyes. I think it has a little work to do, but oh well! We needed a thinner tree, so this one works, and the bottom will still fall out, so it will be really pretty in about a week or so!


Tonight, the decorating of the tree begins! I can't wait to see the finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment