Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Finished Product!

I just love how getting all the Christmas decorations up makes our house feel so cozy. It just makes me so happy! We spent all day yesterday getting the tree up, getting the wreaths on the windows outside, putting lights up, etc. We are worn out, but I love Christmas! Now, if I could just get all of that shopping done I would feel a lot better!

We're still working on building our ornament collection, but the tree is so pretty!


When Joel and I got married, I ordered two monogrammed stockings from Pottery Barn. That same year, we decided that if and when we did have kids, we wanted them to have the same stockings to match, so I ordered 3 additional ones, unmonogrammed! Yes, three! They have never been taken out of the package, but I knew we would need them someday! Four years later I finally got to put one to use! Who knows if we'll have two more kids, but we'll be prepared if we do!

Hudson hasn't even noticed the tree yet. This was his first interaction with it, and of course he had to grab an ornament! We were trying to take some pictures of him in front of the tree, but it wasn't working out...he wouldn't stay put! Oh well, at least we already have the Christmas cards done so I don't have to worry about that! I can't wait to post them here, but I at least wanted to get them in the mail first!
We had a fun-filled day today with the children's program at church this morning, lunch at Joel's parent's house, and then my niece Morgan's children's program tonight at her church! Oh how I love this time of year! There is nothing like hearing a little child's voice singing Christmas songs!

We are all depressed that we have to go back to work in the morning. I told Joel today that I had already "checked out" for Christmas. Only two weeks of work though and then it's two weeks off! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment