Sunday, October 28, 2012

Ryan Lochte and His "One Night Stand"

We had our Sunday school Halloween party on Friday night. It was so fun! I think this was the first time in our 9 years plus of dating/being married that we have ever dressed up for Halloween. We decided to go as Ryan Lochte and his one night stand. We ended up having to explain it to a lot of people who didn't really watch the Olympics, but we did win the prize for Most Original! Yay!
 
I bought a cheap mouth grill off Ebay for Joel to wear. Ryan Lochte made himself famous by trying to wear his red, white, and blue mouth grill on the podium after one of his gold medal winning swims. I think the Olympic committee told him he couldn't wear it on the podium, so he wore it as soon as he got off it. And, by the way, his grill cost $12,000. Joel's grill cost $3 (it was diamond and blue striped).  Joel's medals were my old medals from growing up. Good thing I had a whole box full in the attic--I just knew they would come in handy one day! Ha!
 
Ryan's mom came out and said that Ryan only has time for one night stands (what a great mom!), so that is the reason why I dressed up as that. I could have gone the route of being an actual one night stand, but I dressed up as a real night stand! It was pretty funny, and the whole costume cost around $3 for the spray paint and that is all! Woo hoo!
 
 
The whole group...let's just say everyone went ALL out! I could not believe we actually won one of the categories because the other costumes were so good!

 And, this was my personal favorite!
The Bridges dressed up as an old couple and those masks were absolutely hilarious, especially when they got out on the dance floor! I think I was crying I was laughing so hard.

I also have to give props to the Walden's who dressed up as Psy, the Korean rapper and one of the backup dancers, and had a dance routine prepared to Gangnam Style. It was great!

Some other faves were a set of boobs (easiest costume ever and got the most attention for sure!), and Bobby Petrino (complete with a neck brace and messed up face!) and Jessica Dorrell. Old Bobby even switched his hat to an Auburn hat mid evening--maybe the rumors will be true about him coming to Auburn! We also had a Hooters girl and a gangster! Yes, this was a Sunday school party--that's why I love them all so much! We can let loose for sure! We even had Cinderella and Prince Charming! Everyone was so creative.

We had a great night out spending time with friends! Thanks to the Reed's for keeping our little monsters!

No comments:

Post a Comment