Sunday, October 7, 2012

Navy and Lime First Birthday Party!

I am the first to admit that birthday parties are not my thing. I completely stress out over every detail. Creativity is not one of my strong suits either! I started thinking about what we would do for Harrison's birthday party a few months ago. I really didn't want to do anything because he wouldn't even know it was for him, but my guilty conscience got the best of me and I knew we needed to have something for him to be fair since we had a big first birthday party for Hudson. I did decide to just do a family party this time instead of a friend thing too. Throw in football season, and then throw in an 11 am Auburn football game (party started at 10), we lost some of the family. Oh well! It was still fun and Harrison had all the people he loves in one place at one time to celebrate his big birthday!
 
Themed birthday parties are not really my thing either, but I am loving navy and lime right now, and I'm also loving the chevron print (it's a good thing I don't have a girl because I've seen some really cute chevron girl things!). I decided that I could run with that and surely I couldn't go wrong! I was happy with how it turned out.
 
The invitation...
 
 Some of his loot...

I love printing out their monthly chair pictures to see how he grew throughout the year. I did this for Hudson too! Everyone tried guessing when his biggest change took place so that was fun.

 We ended up doing brunch for food and it was all so yummy (at least I thought so!)!

 I decided to not do Publix this time for the cake and I sort of regretted my decision. The cake for all of us was fabulous, but I was very disappointed in the smash cake. For one, it was $10! Look how tiny it was! Publix has free smash cakes that are 3 times the size of this one. Oh well, it ended up not being a big deal at all because Harrison didn't do a whole lot of smashing!


Hudson and Big Mama...

 

The grandmothers...

 Brothers holding brothers...

Hudson had a hard time all day. He just didn't understand why it was not all about him! Bless his heart!
 I tried Harrison's hat on him and this was how that turned out...

 Side note--if anyone wants a really cute navy chevron and lime first birthday hat, let me know! It was worn for about 5 seconds!
After the hat disaster, we did take him out of the high chair so he could calm down (and so we could undress him for the cake), but you can see how effective that was. Little buddy didn't exactly love being the center of attention!
 He finally tried some...
 Then dug in some more...
 Then decided well maybe this is good...
 And pretty fun too...
 And then it all went downhill. He hated having the icing on his fingers! Totally not the reaction I was expecting out of him. I thought he would just dig in like Hudson did, but he didn't. He was very meticulous about each bite he took and when his hands got messy, he was done!

Aunt Carrie to the rescue!
 Only family picture of the morning...

Whose birthday was it?!?!?
 
 I tried to take a picture of the boys, but someone again was not having it. There was a lot of crying on his birthday! I guess the old saying was true, "It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to!"

 
3 year old cuteness!
 
 Harrison got tangled in the balloons (I know, probably a hazard), but he came walking out with all the balloons wrapped around him and it was hilarious! He thought he was too cute!

 LOVE this boy!!!

We had a great time celebrating this little guy. Thank you to all of our family for making this day special for him! And as it turned out, the game was awful anyway so none of us wished we had gone down there for the day! :)

1 comment:

  1. We did Will's nursery in those colors!! My favorite for a boy for sure!! What is it with boys and crying with the cake??!! Will did the same thing! I just knew he would dig in that thing...oh well! Looks like the party was great! Cute pictures of your boys...:)

    ReplyDelete