Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday Harrison!

Happy 1st Birthday to my sweet Harrison!

How in the world are you already 1??? I'm amazed at how quickly this year has passed. It makes me sad on one hand that he's not my little baby anymore (well, let's face it, he's never ever been my "little" baby anyway!), but on the other hand, this is one of my most favorite stages. He's just so darn cute. I love to watch that little brain of his work--I think most days it is going 90 to nothing! I love seeing him take in the world and explore new things. It is truly amazing to me. And, I can't help but squeeze all of those rolls he has and make him belly laugh because it tickles! Oh and that little dimple on his cheek when he smiles that gummy smile...melts my heart! And yes, he is STILL toothless! Guess we'll be getting teeth all at once!




He is taking about 4-5 steps at a time right now. It's still not his main mode of getting around, but he is doing it more and more. He loves walking back and forth to Joel and me. He is so proud of himself when he gets to us! I think his first pair of shoes are on the agenda for this week. I wonder if they make shoes wide enough for him?!?! His feet are huge!!! He has also started doing a bit of climbing. We have a stool in the bathroom for Hudson and I found Harrison standing on top of it last week looking at himself in the mirror. So funny!


He has really started getting into books! He loves the touch and feel books and of course turning all the pages. He loves to take all his books off the shelf and look through them. He will smile and smile while you read to him. So, needless to say, book time before bed has definitely started.

He is still loving balls, and this month, he has discovered the ball pit and has so much fun with it! He loves it way more than Hudson ever did! He will crawl through the tunnels and get in with the balls and you can just tell that he has a blast. He also loves rolling balls bath and forth with us.

One of his birthday gifts from us was a bucket swing. We put it on the swingset this weekend and he is obsessed! He cries when you take him out of it. He loves being outside in general. That is most always the cure for fussy time.

He is still a great sleeper. Those first 6 months with him were not great in the sleep department, but he has definitely made up for it. He goes down at 6:45 or 7 and sleeps until 7:30 or so. We rarely hear a peep out of him. He's still doing one nap at school and if we are at home, he will take two, but it's gotten to not be so bad if he skips that morning nap. He will just take a little longer of an afternoon nap. He's still pretty exhausted when he comes hom from school everyday, but it has gotten better.


He has refused his night bottle the past 3 nights. We were down to one last bottle a day right before bed. He has been sick and not eating much at all the past few days, so I'm not sure if it is because of that, or if he is weaning himself off it. I gave him regular milk tonight instead and he was fine taking that--that is why I'm sort of thinking he's done with formula. Fine by me! I try not to wish away his life too much, but there is something to be said when you can put those bottles up! I hope we are almost there, if not already!

He's gotten to be a pretty picky eater--surprise, surprise. I have no idea where he might have gotten that from. :) It sure wasn't from his Dad who eats anything and everything! Both my boys have taken after me in the eating department unfortunately. They just don't want to try very much. Hudson has gotten a little better, so maybe in 2.5 years, Harrison will be eating veggies too! Maybe once he gets teeth, that will get better? Who knows!
 
We have his one year appointment at the doctor on Friday, and then his little family birthday party Saturday morning. I can't wait to see what he does with his smash cake! Oh and look who got to turn around in the car! Woo hoo! He is SO much happier. It was getting to the point where he would throw a fit when you tried to put him in the car. He was just flat out of room. I don't see how he would make it to age 2 like they now say you should. He was so uncomfortable and for his sanity and mine too, it was the right move to turn him around! I love seeing his cute face all the time!



Happy happy birthday sweet boy. We are so lucky to have you in our family and we can't wait to see what year 2 has in store for us! We love you!!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Harrison! I cannot believe he's 1! I love reading your monthly posts because they sound just like Will right now too. We need to get our boys together and play! :)

    ReplyDelete