Sunday, July 12, 2009

Hudson's Baptism

We have had such a wonderful day today. Hudson was baptized this morning before a church full of family and friends. It was so special and a day we will never forget! We thank everyone for coming to be with us and celebrating this joyous occasion with us!

When Hudson woke up this morning at 8 am, the first thought that went through mine and Joel's minds was that oh no, he will be hungry right at the 11 am service! This is going to be a nightmare! As we were all getting ready, Hudson didn't nap at all, so again, we were so worried that he was going to be fussy during the baptism. Never in our wildest dreams did we think he would be as good as he was! He was in the best mood and stayed awake for the entire baptism, and even smiled to the congregation as he was walked up and down the aisle by the minister! As soon as we sat back down, Hudson closed his eyes and was out. He slept through the sermon and woke up right as the music was ending at the conclusion of the service. It was an absolute dream! I think we had some help from above today!

He looked so cute in his gown. My mom made the gown for my brother Vann, and he would have been 32 years old in October, so it has been in the family for a long time! I wore it, my sister wore it, and Vann's son Blaine wore it as well! I am so glad that Hudson was able to wear it too. It means so much! And, it is beautiful to say the least!

Funny story about Blaine...he is raised Baptist, so he was dedicated when he was a baby, and the actual baptism comes later. So, he knows virtually nothing about baptisms...or so we all thought! He told Ashley on the way to the church today that baby Hudson was getting "flicked" with water today. She asked him what he meant by "flicked", and he said, "You know, flicked", and he acted like he flicked some water. Apparently, kids know way more than we think!

Here is Hudson waiting to get his gown on!

Joel, Hudson, and me with the preacher. He did so well with Hudson. When Hudson wasn't giving smiles to the congregation, he was staring at Dr. Styes! It was so cute!

The next few pictures were taken once we got home. The gown is a little wrinkley, but Hudson was all smiles, so we decided to take a few more pictures. These turned out great!


I love this little guy!



After the service, we headed to my mom's house for some punch and then across the street to Mama Jean's house for lunch. Mama Jean has moved to assisted living, but she still has her house. My parent's put several tables in her living room and dining room and it worked great for the occasion!
Here is my grandmother and granddaddy with Hudson.


Here are Trey and Morgan with Hudson.


The food was great! I ordered a couple of casseroles from Ashley Mac's in Cahaba Heights. They were delicious! My mom made a basket out of a watermelon and we had fruit salad, a green salad, and rolls. I didn't get a picture of the desserts, but they were the big hit of the day! My mom had made key lime pie, hershey bar pie, and strawberry shortcake, and put them all into individual martini glasses. It was so creative and they were delicious! I wish I had taken pictures.


Migi and Pops with Hudson.


And, if today was not enough alone for Hudson, we TRIED rice cereal. (key word is tried!).


No comments:

Post a Comment