Monday, July 20, 2009

Cereal Update

You gotta watch this little booger...

This almost ended up on his head!

Instead, most of it went in his mouth...I think.


Cereal is going great! I can't get it to his mouth fast enough. He whines and fusses until he gets some more. We have made great progress over the past week! It is so fun feeding him, although it is quite the mess. Do they ever eat it without getting it all over them? He has already hit the bowl and hit the spoon out of my hand and cereal has gone everywhere! I fear for the day we start carrots and green beans...I think we will be going back to feeding him in just the diaper!
x
We put together the high chair this weekend and decided to start feeding him in that. It is working better, although, Hudson likes to slump over like he is in the picture above. Every time I would straighten him back up, he would go right back to this position. It is funny! I guess he likes being close to the bowl!
x
I changed up Hudson's feeding schedule this weekend to 8 ounces every 4 hours instead of 6 ounces every 3 hours. The pediatrician recommended doing that to see if we could stretch it out a bit. I didn't think he would be able to make it the full 4 hours because most of the time it is a struggle making it the 3 hours, but surprisingly, he has made it the full time and I have been able to get him in a better schedule with naps and such by doing this. And, I feel like I have more time to do things between feedings as well, so it has been a great change all around! He is doing the cereal one time a day before bath time at night.
x
We had a very low key weekend. We were all exhausted. This was the first weekend in a while that we didn't have anything. I did take Hudson to his first, and last according to Joel, Arbonne party on Thursday night. I didn't want to take him, but the hostesses guilted me into it! He had a lot of fun being the only guy at the party! He flirted with everyone, and stayed up WAY past his bedtime! It was a great time though!
x
The weather was amazing this weekend! We went on a long walk Saturday morning and it really felt like a fall day. There was definitely that football feeling in our minds! Only another month until we get to see our Tigers play! I don't know if we will be taking our little man down there this year. We have tickets, but I'm not really sure he would be a whole lot of fun at this age. I definitely don't want to take him down there when it is so hot, so we'll for sure wait until sometime mid-season if we do take him. I can't wait to chase him around down there though. We have a lot of fun years to come! I just wish we didn't have to buy him a ticket! So ridiculous!
x
Our other babies got haircuts this weekend. And, they got some new toys. We felt like they never get any attention anymore, so we spoiled them a little bit! They look so cute!


x
I don't have much else to report on. I am going to be switching my days at work. Apparently, being gone from Thursday to Tuesday is too long, so I have to figure out something else. I will probably do Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday, but may do 5 half days. I just don't want the 5 half days to turn into 5 full days! I really like the Tuesday through Thursday schedule now, so I will miss that, but I have to do what works best for everyone.
x

Hope everyone had a great weekend and enjoyed the wonderful weather as much as we did!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mindy! Hudson is a doll! We should be starting cereal soon since Carter has his 4 month check up next week so I was very glad to read about your experiences so far. So tell me about your work schedule...right now you just work T-Th? Are you doing accounting work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ashley! Thank you! I love your blog. Carter is SO cute!!! I know you are having so much fun. The cereal thing is interesting. I can't wait to see pictures of you giving it to Carter...so messy! He really does like it though, but I think he would like anything--he's such a chump! I am working Tuesday through Thursday at the same accounting firm that I've been with for 5 years. It is truly the best schedule in the world! I was going to go back full time in October, but I'm going to stay on this schedule. What are you doing? Are you working from home?

    ReplyDelete