Monday, July 6, 2009

4 Months

This was Hudson one month ago at three months old...

And, here he is today at 4 months old! He is even telling you how old he is by his fingers! Ha!




You can tell how animated he has gotten over the past month. It was actually a little bit difficult to get his picture next to the stuffed animal this time. He was moving all over the place and kept wanting to grab the stuffed animal! He used to just sit there! I think we are in big trouble when this little boy starts moving.
x
Over the past month he has really developed a personality! He loves to squeal and laugh, especially at Pops! No one can make Hudson laugh like his granddaddy! It is hilarious.
x
He is really starting to follow Joel and me. He wants to keep his eyes on me at all times and when Joel is around, he is all about his daddy! He just loves to look at Joel and smile. It is so cute. He isn't really getting upset when we aren't around just yet, but he wants to keep an eye on us at all times!
x
He is rolling over from back to front and has gone from front to back once. He isn't too crazy about tummy time at all. They are working on it with him at daycare. It is funny because he will roll over onto his tummy and then can't get back over and he gets so mad!
x
He loves his jumperoo now and really likes to be in a sitting up position wherever he is. He is starting to not like the playmat as much these days which is terrible because that is my go to thing! He used to just love it! The jumperoo is going to quickly become my go to though. He loves you to sit with him on the floor and pull on his arms so he can sit up. I think he is going to be sitting up early. We will see though.
x
Hudson is grabbing things like crazy. Anything that he can get his hands on is good with him! He will even play his his burp cloth if there is nothing else around! Oh and hair is always a good thing too! He loves toys though and he takes them straight to his mouth every time. I guess they taste good!
x
He is still sleeping great at night, although he has been waking up a few times a week crying. Luckily, he will cry himself right back to sleep and Joel and I don't usually have to go check on him. It still wakes us up though! I have been reading that 4 months is a time where babies start to become more aware of their surroundings and this can sometimes cause them to get off their sleep schedule at night because they would rather be playing! We haven't had it too bad yet though thank goodness!
x
Hudson is still wearing 6 month clothes, but I went and bought a bunch of 9 month outfits this weekend because he is quickly growing out of the 6 month clothes! It is so sad!
x
Daycare seems to be going good so far. We are a month into it now. His teachers tell me that he is a very happy and content baby, and is just the sweetest thing in the world. I already knew that though! He gets to have water play on Wednesdays and they say he just loves that. He still doesn't nap at daycare very well, so we have a very sleepy baby on our hands at night. It is all we can do to keep him up until 7:30 or so.
x
We have Hudson's 4 month doctor's appointment this Friday so I'm hoping we will be getting the go ahead to do cereal. He is so interested in what we are eating so I think he is ready. We will see what the doctor says though. He is also getting a bunch of shots. I am dreading that!
x
He is getting baptized next Sunday so we are all looking forward to that! Joel can't wait to see his little man in a dress! He will be wearing the same gown that I wore, along with my brother and sister, and my nephew Blaine all wore. It will be really sweet.
x

Joel and I are loving this age that Hudson is in. I think we have said that every month, but I just love seeing his little personality come out. Happy 4 months little buddy! We love you!



1 comment: