Friday, July 24, 2009

Daycare Fun!

When I pick up Hudson from daycare every afternoon, I look forward to getting his sheet for the day. The sheet tells me when he was diapered during the day (never in my wildest dreams did I think I would ever get excited about seeing if he had a BM that day!), if he napped at all and the times he did (this section is usually pretty blank for Hudson--he doesn't nap!), when his feedings were and if he took the whole bottle (check, check--no problems there!), and then there is a comments section on it from the teacher. I love getting the sheet about as much as I love picking him up! Ha!

A while back I was given my first homework assignment. I think I failed it because it took me over a week to complete! Oh well! Anyway, I had to list any concerns I had about daycare, and give 3 objectives that I would like for Hudson to accomplish in the next 3 months. He was only 3 months at the time...I had a hard time coming up with objectives! All he does is eat, sleep, and poop, right??? Well, I came up with my three, which consisted of working with him on rolling over, getting him on some kind of schedule, and working with him on sitting up because that seems to be the thing he is most interested in. My concern that I listed was that I was afraid that he would not get much attention and with him being so young, that really bothered me. I told them that I love to see comments on his sheet every day because I know what all he did that day and if he had a good day, and that gives me comfort. Out of all the things that I put on the form that day, this was the BEST thing! I get comments back most days. Usually they consist of telling me that he went on a buggy ride, played outside in the water, watched the older kids, played with the farm animals, etc. I feel better knowing what all he did during the day and if he had fun, but they are usually really basic comments. Yesterday, I got one that just cracked me up.

It said, "Hudson had fun playing with Evan today. They had small talk while chewing on the balls."

It may not be funny to anyone else, but I just can't stop laughing about it. It's the little things that make me happy!


Look what we're working on here!!! Too bad he crashed about 2 seconds after I got this shot! He's doing really well though!

Hudson's first french kiss. Chloe LOVES Hudson. I usually don't let her lick him in the face, but this was just hilarious. He just laughs when she "kisses" him! I can't wait for the day that Hudson does the death grip on Chloe's ear. She won't be wanting to play with him after that!


Hope everyone has a great weekend! We don't have much planned. Joel is re-doing our downstairs room so I'm going to try to get out of the house so he can get a lot done! Being home provides a lot of distractions for him! I will post pictures of the before and after...but it might be a year from now. Joel tends to take a while on these projects! (I'll probably have to delete this comment once Joel reads this!)

No comments:

Post a Comment