Monday, July 13, 2009

Four Month Appointment and Fourth of July Pics

Hudson had his four month check up on Friday. He weighed in at a whopping 16 pounds, 15 ounces, was 26.5 inches in length, and had a head circumfrence of 17.75. He was in the 90th percentile for weight and height, and sadly to say, his head circumfrence was off the chart. Ha! We just think he's got extra brains in there! He is a big boy! It is so funny because neither Joel nor I was a big baby. We don't know where it is coming from! I told Joel that I am glad that he is at least proportional. It is not like he is tall and thin, or short and fat...he's just right! Anyway, we got the go ahead to start the cereal and we tried that last night (see previous post!). It did not go so well, but we probably shouldn't have started it last night. Yesterday was a big day for Hudson and I think he was just exhausted. We are going to try again tonight to see if we have some better results! He was trying to eat it so I do think he is ready for it, but I may change my mind after we try it again tonight. It sure was messy though. The doctor said everything looked great with him and he will see him again in a month and a half right before he has a little surgery procedure at six months old. :(

We had a great time over the Fourth of July weekend. We started out in Mentone at my parent's cabin and spent a couple of nights there before heading over to Weiss Lake to spend the rest of the weekend with Joel's family. It was a lot of fun! Below are some pictures from the weekend.

Mom with Hudson at Desoto Falls. This was about as far as she would go with him! The ground was a little uneven so I'm glad she didn't take him too close to the edge!

Mom showed some of her jewelry at the art show in Mentone on Saturday morning. Her jewelry is really pretty! We had a fun time hanging out at the art show while all the boys were playing golf.

Here is Hudson looking cute in his Daddy's hat! Maybe a future golfer???


We put Hudson in the lake for the first time. I think he liked it...although he was in the lake maybe 5 minutes!


Hudson in his funny hat! Migi gave him this. I thought this picture was so cute!


One of my clients gave me a huge box of fireworks last year, so we shot those on Saturday night. Hudson had already gone to bed so he missed out. Although, if he is anything like his mommy, he will hate fireworks! I can remember being at the beach every fourth of July sitting in my granddaddy's lap on the 6th floor of the condo building as far away from the fireworks as I could get because I was scared to death! I am really just now overcoming the fear! Don't ever ask me to hold a sparkler because I will have no part in that!
x
Hope everyone had a great 4th!
x
* New post below!

No comments:

Post a Comment