Friday, August 2, 2013

Seven on Friday

Just a few tidbits from the last week.
 
1. We had a fun trip to the zoo with the Farrar's, which included Hudson's first time to feed the giraffes. As a side note, we also got the pleasure of seeing the giraffes about to do something else...if you know what I mean. :) We immediately exited that area so as not to have to explain that to the boys! Ha!
 


 Check out that tongue!
 2. We had Harrison's follow up check up with the ENT and found out that his ears are clear (hooray!), but that one of the tubes has already fallen out. A week and a half must be a new record. They will not do anything else unless it is necessary so we are now in a waiting game.

3. I started working from home this week. We had to do something and keeping Harrison out of daycare for a while to let him build his immune system back up (and not get exposed to daycare germs!) seemed to be the best option for now. I'm thankful for a flexible job that will allow me to do this. It's great that I will be able to spend more time with the boys, but it's also going to be hard to get everything done at work too since I can only work when the kids are asleep. I will have absolutely no down time, but it has to be done and we'll do anything to not have Harrison have to go through this again!

4. Yesterday, we went to the Gardendale Splash Pad and had a great time! Hudson liked it, but Harrison LOVED it. We took a picnic lunch and spent several hours out there.




5. Thankful for Wells Fargo this week. On top of everything else going on, my online shopping finally came back to bite me and my debit card number was stolen. Thankfully, the bank caught it and we were able to get everything back without much hassle. Someone had a good ole' time though.
 
6. Hudson starts 4K next week! My stomach is in knots thinking that a year from now we will be preparing for Kindergarten. We met his new teacher today and loved her and I know this year is going to be great! He was so excited that on the ride home, he asked if he could go tomorrow! That is a good sign! Harrison also met his new teachers and let's just say he was not thrilled! He's loving his time at home with Mommy (and I'm loving it too!). His teachers were sweet too!
 
7. We picked out the tile for our master bathroom today and Joel swears to me that the bathroom will be finished by the end of this month. I can't wait to show pictures--it's going to be beautiful!
 
That's all for now! Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment