Monday, August 5, 2013

First Day of 4k!

Today is Hudson's first day of 4k! It would be Harrison's first day of Toddler B, but he didn't go. Hudson begged me to take his picture this morning! He was so excited!
 

Ms. Mary Kay had given Hudson a poem to read and a bag of confetti to put under his pillow last night to help him get a good night of sleep before his first day in his new class. This was such a cute idea and Hudson said the confetti made him not be "nerbous" today--he liked having it under his pillow so much that we might never be able to remove it!

Of course, when we got to school and I was getting him out of his car seat, he decided he did not want to go (which is what I figured he would do!). However, when we got to his class, he surprised me and ran right in and gave his new teacher a big hug and never looked back! Woo hoo! I'm dying to hear how today went. I don't know why, but his new class just reminds me of big school. We even had the "first impressions are everything" talk on the way to school. He's really growing up!

Hudson said he needed to take a picture of Harrison and me. I was surprised we were actually in the picture! He was very proud of himself for taking this!

 
Joel asked me this morning how it felt to be 33 (since it's my birthday today) and I told him that I didn't know, I'd have to let him know next year! He then replied with, "2013 less 1981 is 33 years old!" Good thing I'm the accountant in the family (and thankful I am really only 32--ha!). So far today, I have cleaned up throw up and a diaper blow out (Harrison has had a bit of a tummy issue the past few days--otherwise fine though), squashed a huge roach with lots of squeals and screams out of Harrison and me!, and now I'm about to head to Mobile until Wednesday for work. We also took a great walk with the pups, built the biggest tower you've ever seen in blocks, and I have gotten lots of hugs and kisses from my littlest. A good day it has been so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment