Monday, August 19, 2013

One More Year


Wow, today has been overload of pictures on Facebook/Instagram of the first day of school. I love them all! There is just something about the excitement of the beginning of a new school year. Maybe it's because I always had a new super cool "trapper keeper" that made note taking extra fun??? :) Yep, I was a nerd! But seriously, who doesn't love buying school supplies?!?! I may not feel that way when I'm the one doing the buying, but still--I loved starting fresh and new. I was never crazy about the first day of school outfit (I was such a tomboy), but is it sad that I have already been thinking about what Hudson will wear?!?!? My how times have changed.

Anyway, Hudson and Harrison's first day in their new classes was a couple of weeks ago and it really didn't get to me then, but today, I've just been sad! Hmmm...maybe because on this day next year, we'll be sending Hudson to Kindergarten and HIS picture will be making it to Facebook and Instagram! I'm SO not ready for that! There will be a lot of tears for sure. I'm very thankful that we have one more year of flexibility and fun before the real thing gets started! We plan to take full advantage. I will be so sad when I don't have my buddy on Fridays so we will cherish that time together for sure!

I have to share this picture below of the boys last week. Since Harrison isn't going to school right now, he's really been missing his partner in crime at home. Let's face it, I'm just not as fun! Every day when we pick Hudson up, Harrison runs up to Hudson and grabs his hand and looks up at Hudson with the biggest grin. Sweetest thing in the world! He adores his big brother! Big brother might adore him a little more if he wasn't always beating him up and stealing his toys. :) In all seriousness though, Hudson is VERY protective of Harrison. He helps me keep an eye on him, won't let him jump on the bed, and is a champion sippy getter and paci/lovie finder. They play really well together most of the time and Harrison copies everything Hudson does, good and bad--we are learning about setting good examples over here! Love these boys SO much and love the relationship that they are developing!

No comments:

Post a Comment