Monday, July 18, 2011

Mowing in Our Sunday Best

This kid LOVES to mow the grass, especially when Daddy is mowing.


These are the only 2 pictures I've taken in a week! There's not really that much to report. We've had a couple of weekends in town which has been great. Life is about to get crazy again here soon so we have enjoyed some low key time. Hudson and I survived being alone for a few days last week while Joel went to Vegas for work. The only bad thing that happened while Joel was gone was that our mailbox was bashed, as well as half of the mailboxes on the street. Time for school to start...the teenagers are running out of things to do.

Hudson had his first big fall this weekend. The weather was actually not too hot on Saturday and Hudson refused a nap, so we headed for the park. We had a great time until the very end. We were trying to get Hudson to leave, and he wanted to do one last thing (as always). He climbed up on one of the tallest platforms that had a stair that went up even higher, and when he was coming down, he tripped and fell backwards. Joel and I had two of the three openings covered, but he fell towards the one opening that we weren't guarding. Down he went, backwards, and landed on the ground flat on his back. It was horrible. He cried of course, but he was more concerned that he had lost his shoe in the process! I was the one trying to make sure he had all his teeth and he wasn't paralyzed and Joel was checking his eyes to make sure they weren't dilating from a concussion! Ha! He was absolutely fine, but I think it took Joel and I a few minutes to breathe again. I know these things are going to happen, but I expected it to happen during a time when only one of us was there! Joel and I were BOTH there and it STILL happened. I'm thankful he was ok though.

On a lighter note, we joined Costco this weekend! It was very exciting...well, until we reached the checkout line and heard our total. But, I'm hoping that it is really going to save us money in the long run! We'll see!

I have to end with a few Hudson funnies.

- Hudson - "Mommy, look, an airplane!!!"
Me - "I see it, Hudson! Where is it going?"
Hudson - "It's going to the North Pole, Mommy, to see Santa!" (Christmas in July, maybe??? Who knows where this came from!)

- Hudson - "Look, Mommy, Old McDonald on that building!" (in reference to the inflatable Ronald McDonald sitting on top of McDonald's on Acton Road)

- Me - "Hudson, you need to start going tee-tee on the potty."
Hudson - "No Mommy, I have diapers." (Potty training is going to be difficult!)

- Hudson - "Mrs. Taylor is stanky!!!"
Me - "Why is Mrs. Taylor stinky?"
Hudson - "Mrs. Taylor went poo poo on Ellie. It was yucky yuck yuck." (Mrs. Taylor is his teacher and Ellie is Mrs. Taylor's daughter, who is also in Hudson's class. Not sure what happened at school that day, but so funny!)

- Hudson - "Mommy, I want a silly bar." (in reference to a cereal bar)

- Hudson - "Mommy, I want a freaky sun." (in reference to a "capri" sun)

No comments:

Post a Comment