Sunday, June 10, 2012

Girl's Lake Trip and Harrison Update

Last Friday night (a week ago), Joel graciously kept the kiddos ALL NIGHT and I went down to Lake Martin for some fun with a few of the girls from our Sunday school class. It was so much fun! Of course, I missed our little family, but it was so nice to get away for a little while and spend time with these sweet sweet girls that I have grown to love over these past few years! 
We stayed up way too late Friday night drinking wine and doing what we do best--talking talking talking! I'm pretty sure had we been able to stay up any later, we would have! There was never a quiet moment! Lots of laughs for sure! Everyone was up by 7:30 the next morning. Our one chance to sleep in and none of us took advantage of it! Although, I consider 7 am sleeping in these days so I was feeling pretty good! :)
We layed out all day and burned to a crisp (I did anyway!) and Margaret's dad came over and took us out on a long boat ride. We stopped at Chimney Rock and took in all the sights there. We thought about jumping off the rock and joining in on the redneck party, but decided against it. Ha! Totally kidding, I would have never in a million years jumped off that thing. I'm a scaredy! And, we only saw a few Budweiser bikinis so I guess it wasn't too redneck!



Margaret, thank you so so so much for allowing us to take over your parent's house for the weekend! It was such a fun time and I hope that we get to go back soon! Oh and thanks to our husbands who kept the kids. I'm pretty sure they were glad to have us back home--I know mine was! Joel did take them to Weiss Lake Saturday morning and they spent the day with Joel's family. Hudson was pretty excited about his first boat ride of the season from what I hear!


_________________________________ Just to give a little update on Harrison, he did great getting the tubes on Friday although he was mad as a hornet that he could not have his morning bottle. We were first on the list for that day, but we still had to wait an hour and a half before they took him back. That was pretty awful! He took a morning nap and then has been a new baby ever since. Seriously--he's a different child already. I have never seen him as happy and as talkative. He's even been more mobile! It is hard to believe that his ears caused all of that. I hope he is pain free for good now. I didn't realize until now how awful he really has felt the past few months. Here's to being healthy for a while (I hope!!!).

1 comment: