Friday, May 4, 2012

Swimming and Flying Poop :)

We had our second swimming lesson this week and it went great! Hudson was SO excited about going to swim lessons. He woke up the morning giddy about it! He absolutely loves Haines (borderline obsessed with him) and Margaret and I were both so proud of them. We sit really far away so as to not distract them, but from what we could tell and what the instructor told us, they listened really well and followed all of his directions. They looked like they had a blast too! 
I took my zoom lense this time so I could get some closer up ones of the lesson. I sort of used it as binoculars to see what was going on too!
The instructor told us that Hudson and Haines really feed off of each other and when one is a little timid about doing something, as soon as the other one does it, he's fine. I'm SO glad we opted for the semi private lessons as opposed to the private ones.



The lessons are about to kick into high gear as I think we have 3 next week. I can't wait to see them progress. I'm not expecting that they come out of this full blown swimming, but I do want him to know what to do so he doesn't drown if he falls in!
On a funnier note (or really not so funny at all), we are still working on the potty training. It's a struggle. I'm not even going to sugar coat it. I hate it. I'm pretty sure he hates it too. Today, he has been in big boy underwear all morning. We even went out to get his hair cut. We had successes all morning and no accidents. But then after lunch came and I started taking him every 5-10 minutes because I knew what was coming. He just sat there and said he didn't need to go. Then, one time in the middle of those 5-10 minute trips, he peed so I ran him to the potty and yanked off his clothes, failing to notice the poop that went flying in the process. I know this is way too much information and I am laughing now about it, but I almost lost it! Poop and pee everywhere--on the floor, on the wall, on the potty, ALL over Hudson....and we have a house showing this afternoon. :) He obviously failed to tell me what else he had done! I am proud of myself though because normally I would have just given up out of frustration, but not this time! I think I'm at my breaking point. It is time for the diapers to be gone. He's in his bed right now taking a nap with his big boy underwear on and I know full well that I will be changing sheets in a little bit. He'll never learn otherwise so we will just continue on!

Anyway, BEFORE the incident, the boys were both so happy and looked so cute today, so we snapped a few quick pictures. Of course, you wouldn't know that Harrison has been happy all day by these pictures, but I promise, he was! Juggling these two by myself has gotten so much easier and I really look forward to and treasure my days off with them (even with flying poop--it gives us something to laugh about!). We have a really fun time! This morning was all about hiding from Captain Hook--be jealous because it was fun! :)



Happy weekend! We have a full couple of days and we're looking forward to it!

1 comment:

  1. They are adorable!! I could eat Harrison's sweet cheeks!!!

    ReplyDelete