Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Potty Chronicles

I think all my posts recently have been about the potty, but that is our life right now! :) I just want to say that I am so proud of my little bud. He has come light years since Friday and I'm so glad that I kept pushing him and didn't give up because he can do this! He isn't thrilled about it sometimes, but he's getting the hang of it.

After the "incident" Friday after lunch, I put Hudson down for a nap and surprisingly, he woke up dry! He immediately went when he got up and then we headed out to a cabinet store where he proceeded to put a puddle on the floor within two minutes of us getting there. He just looked up at me and whispered, "Uh oh Mommy, I did it." It was very discreet thankfully and I think I got it cleaned up and got him out of there without anyone ever noticing! However, then we went out to dinner and Hudson went while we were out! I'm not thrilled with the public potty situation, but I guess I just have to get over it because we've pretty much hit up every potty in every place we've been to recently.

I went ahead and put him in a diaper to sleep in over the weekend, but he has woken up dry every single morning since. Before we started this, he was soaking through overnight diapers so I didn't feel like we were anywhere near ready to do without diapers at night. Maybe I am wrong about that--I'm still not ready to chance it yet though! He did great all day Saturday (we had a very busy day) and all day Sunday at the lake.

Then came school yesterday. I was so worried because they haven't really been the most helpful with this. I knew I was just going to have to send him in big boy underwear for them to realize that they have to help or else they will be cleaning up pee all day. I sent about 5 new outfits and was so proud of him when he came home in the same outfit! He did great! He did have an accident today, but he is starting to tell them when he needs to go. We are making so much progress here!

I guess in a way we did the boot camp, but just a revised version! I have not put a regular diaper on him since Friday except at nighttime. I just can't stay home and do nothing but potty train for 3 days. It's just not feasible for us right now. We have too much going on. I did use a lot of what the boot camp recommended and I think it is a great method--definitely by Sunday, Hudson was getting the hang of things. And, I am still shocked that he is waking up dry. The boot camp was adament that they would be night time potty trained by the end of it and I thought, never in a million years, but maybe so!

Ok, so enough about the potty! We had such a fun weekend! Hudson had his last Saturday of t-ball and they played a game! It was so cute. I was pretty amazed at how far he came over the four Saturdays. It doesn't seem like a lot, but he wouldn't even stay out there the first Saturday and this Saturday, he was all about it. He had some good hits and ran the bases.



He was proud of his certificate!

He had a cheering squad too! Migi and Pops and Uncle Jordan and Anna all came to watch him play! He was thrilled to have them there!
Saturday afternoon, we headed to a crawfish boil at the Creel's. It was so fun! They had the absolute best back yard. This was Hudson surveying the live crawfish when we first got there...he was a little scared at first.
One of the guys put a poor crawfish out for all the kids to play with (I really mean torture). They had a ball playing with this little guy! It was hilarious.


Of course Hudson would not eat a crawfish, but he sure had fun watching everyone peel the crawfish. Harrison was there too, but I didn't get any pictures of him. He was pretty good until he got sleepy. We stayed until after 8 so it was way past his bedtime. I thought I could get him to fall asleep while we were there, but he just refused. Hudson had so much fun playing with all of his friends. There were probably 15 or so kids there so it was wild. He did not want to leave! Thank you to the Creel's for having us over! It was such a fun night out!
Sunday morning, we got up and headed to the lake for the day. We got in a good visit with Papa John. Harrison LOVED Papa John. He was so cute with him. I was glad that Harrison was so sweet with him because Hudson wouldn't pay him any attention other than a quick high five.
We had a great day riding the gator and visiting. We also checked out the Southern Living home in Cedar Bluff, which was beautiful! The lake was too low to put the boat in, but hopefully it will come up soon! I know there's one 3 year old who is itching to get on that boat!

It was a great weekend, but I'm still recovering! Tonight is the only night this week that we don't have something going on, so I'm ready for next weekend. Hopefully, we can catch up on some rest (and laundry!). And, I hope I can finish Hunger Games--I know I'm late in reading it, but it is SOOO good!

No comments:

Post a Comment