Monday, April 9, 2012

The Monster of all Parks

A few days ago, the weather was beautiful so we decided a morning at the park would be fun. We headed to the monster of all parks. Seriously, the towers and slides at this place were HUGE.


I'm not kidding at how high it is. Hudson would climb all the way to the top and then chicken out and come back down so finally, I ignored the sign that said "no adults allowed on the tower" and headed up there to go with him. Joel said the tower shook the whole way down. Oops! I probably would not recommend doing that! Let's just say that he didn't go down it again this trip. He's not much of a daredevil, but I have a feeling that once he gets old enough, we're not going to be able to get him off those slides!

He stuck to the smaller slides from then on (there were plenty of other things to play on that were different than what he is normally used to) and they had a merry go round which he loved. The only other park that has one that I know of is in Mentone. I can definitely see why they don't exist much anymore! I have no pictures of the merry go round because I hopped on with Hudson thinking he needed someone to go with him and about threw up my breakfast. A girl was spinning it around for us and would.not.stop.



They were having a huge Easter egg hunt the day we were out there and had REAL eggs all over the ground. Try explaining to a 3 year old that he is not allowed to pick any eggs up, much less stomp on the eggs and break them. :) Who has real eggs in Easter egg hunts anyway??? We left shortly before it started, but I have a feeling that it became a disastrous event!


Harrison got in his first swing! The tightly clinched fists came out as he was not so sure about it at first!


Then he decided, hmm, well this is so nice that maybe I should suck my thumb and just go to sleep!

We'll definitely hit up this park again! It was really fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment