Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Busy

Life has been so busy lately. I have only been at the office for half a day this week (and only 2 days last week!). It is a very good thing that work has slowed down, and I have a lot of vacation time that I can finally take! Of course, I would rather be taking my vacation lying on the beach, but oh well! This week, we had ear checks for both boys Monday morning (all CLEAR!) and Harrison's head consult in Tuscaloosa Monday afternoon. There wasn't enough time for me to get anything productive done in the middle of those two appointments, so I just took the day off. It was actually really nice to have one more day off, especially after being gone for the weekend. There was a lot of unpacking to do and laundry to fold! Fun times!

Yesterday, Harrison got sent home early with suspected pink eye. He was the fourth child sent home because of it. Jury is still out as to whether or not he has it (his eyes really aren't pink, but they are a little gunky), but I did go ahead and get the antibiotics for it just in case and school so kindly reminded me that he had to be out for 24 hours so he was out today as well. He seems to be fine though thank goodness, and no one else in the family at this point has gotten it. We had a really fun day together and it made me miss being on maternity leave when it was just the two of us most of the time! He doesn't get much one on one time anymore!

Hudson had his hearing test done yesterday afternoon as well. Thank goodness for grandparents is all I can say. I was able to drop Harrison at my mom's house so I could take Hudson to Children's to get his hearing tested. Thankfully, his hearing is back to normal after the tubes, even though it was confirmed that one of the tubes is 100% out and his eardrum has already closed up. We are just going to let it be for now because at some point, he has to grow out of this, right?!?!

Oh and did I mention that our house is for sale??? Nothing like added stress of having to keep the house clean all.the.time. Anyone who has ever been to our house knows that most of the time it looks like a tornado has gone through it. Kids and dogs are dirty, and the toys...oh the toys. They are everywhere. This has been a difficult process, but we have put it all on ourselves so we aren't complaining (too much!). Maybe it will sell, maybe not, but you never know until you try! I told Joel earlier tonight that I think having to keep the house clean all the time is making me a happier person. Who doesn't love coming home to a clean house?!?!

Well enough of all that--life it still good and it appears at the moment that we are healthy (minus the pink eye!) so that is all that matters! We went to my parent's cabin this weekend and had such a good time. My mom made it a point to try and let us relax and it was just what we needed. The kids actually slept very well up there, which is unusual. I just wish we could have slept well too, but I've learned to deal with the fact that I may never be able to sleep well again, even when given the chance! Mom cooked some awesome meals for us. I miss her cooking. I don't quite compare! :) The boys and I went up there on Thursday and Joel came up on Friday. Friday, Mom, Dad, the boys, and I rode over to Atlanta to go to the Dogwood Festival, which ended up being pretty fun. I'm not one for art shows, but there were other things at this one and the highlight for the boys was a Puppet Show. I have some pictures on my phone that I will have to add to the blog someday, but it was this old man who had string puppets and made them dance. I thought it was a little cooky at first, but he was actually pretty good. I started thinking in my head that he would be so fun to have at a birthday party because not many people do that sort of thing, but then I found out he was $1,500 to book! Crazy! He wasn't $1,500 good! The boys loved it though--both of them. Some lady stopped us later in the afternoon to tell us how cute Harrison was at the puppet show. He just laughed and smiled the whole time!

Saturday, we all headed to Chattanooga and did the Incline. Hudson was in heaven! It was a great morning out. The rest of the afternoon was spent hanging out at the cabin and doing everything there is to do up there, which is a lot! Hudson is never bored, that's for sure, and the air up there is so clear and nice that you just had to be outside the entire day. We had a great time! Enjoy the pictures below.



1 comment:

  1. Phoenix was treated for pink eye in both eyes about 2 weeks ago-they weren't sure thats what it was...but thats how it was treated...however, his eyes are doing the same exact thing again (for the past 3 days), so i'm guessing its allergies and not pink eye....thats just the dr. in me :) however, i still have the $60.00 eye drops that were used a total of 6 drops on hand, so i might resort to them if they aren't better in a few days!!! glad the ears are all clear!!!!

    ReplyDelete