Sunday, April 1, 2012

Happy Half Birthday!

Harrison is SIX months old today. How is that even possible???


This has been a big month for Harrison. He's been sitting up for a few weeks now, which is awesome!

He also tried solids for the first time this month! So far, we've done squash, sweet potatoes, and applesauce and he loves all of them. I have not gone totally by the book this time in that I probably shouldn't have given him applesauce yet (do veggies before fruit), but I learned a lot from Hudson and this baby food thing obviously has no bearing on whether or not he'll learn to eat veggies later! Ha! He is a good eater so far (CLEARLY--check out those rolls!). I'm getting used to figuring out when is best to do solids and definitely not stressing over it this go around. We're only doing it once a day, but I'm sure I'll start doing it twice a day within the next month.


He is still rolling over a good bit in his bed, but he hasn't done it outside of that. I guess that is partly my fault in that now that he's sitting up, I don't lay him down like I used to and give him much of an opportunity to roll over. Plus, it keeps him off his flat spot, which doesn't seem to be rounding out a whole lot. The good thing is, he's starting to get a lot of hair that will hopefully cover it up! His hair is coming in blonder and at first, I didn't think it had any red in it, but now, I do think there is some strawberry in there. Definitely not like Hudson's, but it's there in the sunlight. I wonder if he'll have Hudson's curls???


He's very active. He loves all of his little toys and is just busy all the time! He constantly has his hands in his mouth and the drool has started. No teeth yet, and it doesn't appear that there's any on the horizon. That is totally fine by me because I can't get enough of that gummy smile!



He learned to clap this month which has been really fun and he's all about blowing some rasperries (or spitting as Hudson calls it)! He has got the cutest squeal in the world.


He LOVES Hudson. One of my favorite things each night is when Hudson gives Harrison a hug and a kiss goodnight. It is the sweetest thing in the world. Harrison just smiles at Hudson! I know a lot of older siblings take to their younger siblings quickly, but Hudson did not at all. It has taken him a while to get to this point. We've gone from Hudson asking us to take him back to the hospital to Hudson making sure that we don't forget him anywhere (that has only happened once by the way!). My other favorite time of night is bath time. I have started giving them a bath together and they love it! Hudson helps me bathe Harrison and they spend the rest of the time splashing at each other. Harrison does a lot of squealing. I know we won't be able to do this forever, but it's cute while it lasts (and time saving too!).


Harrison is sleeping from around 7-7:30 to sometime around 6 or 6:30. You better have a bottle in your hand when he wakes up. No diaper change first--bottle first, then diaper or else you will pay for it! :) Some nights, there are a couple of paci trips in there, and sometimes there aren't. Overall, I think we're doing better though! He is still doing the eat, play, nap routine most days, which means basically 3 naps a day. Some days it's only 2 naps. It's been tough keeping him on any kind of schedule with him being sick so much.


He's taking 4-5 bottles a day depending on when he wakes up and whether or not he can make it the full 4 hours in between bottles. He does either 7 or 8 ounces at a time. The spitting up has mostly stopped thank goodness, so we can finally wear cute clothes and not have nasty bibs on all the time! He's wearing 9-12 month clothes and size 3 diapers. He's got lots and lots of rolls, and we love it!


I think 6 months is my most favorite "baby" age. We are having so much fun with him and it just keeps getting better and better. Stats coming on Friday when we go in for well checkups (hopefully they end up being well checkups!) for both kiddos. Happy 6 months little guy!

1 comment:

  1. Look at that sweet sweet smile!

    You make very attractive babies :)

    ReplyDelete