Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day...

To some pretty awesome daddys and granddaddys!

I'm not sure what Hudson would do without his Daddy! He loves him so much. Joel is still the chosen one for sure and while it does hurt my feelings about 98% of the time (just being honest!), I'm glad that Joel plays such a strong part in Hudson's life and I hope that he and Hudson continue to have this adoring relationship. He is definitely a Daddy's Boy!


His favorite thing to do is to still be thrown in the air. I'm sad the picture below turned out a tad blurry because he was having a blast! Tonight, Hudson and Joel were playing chase around the house and it was so cute watching them. Hudson thought it was so much fun (I think Joel thought so too!). They have such a good bond already!


Happy Father's Day to Big Daddy as well!

And to Pops too!

Thanks for all the both of you do for us! Our father's are so important to us!

It has been a busy weekend! Carrie and I headed up to Cloudland to the cabin on Thursday night and stayed until Saturday. Joel has been SO busy with work and I think was actually glad that we left for a few days so he could have uninterrupted work time. He put in well over 60 hours just last week. He's such a hard worker. Oh and I needed some bonding time with Carrie because she is moving back to LA on Friday. Yes, we had a Welcome Home Party for her and she's going back already. My thoughts about this are not appropriate for our family blog! Ha!

Hudson had a great time riding in the wagon with the little dogs. I'm not sure the feeling was mutual. :)

We went to Chattanooga on Friday and spent most of the day walking around. We found these fountains in a huge park and let Hudson have fun. He wasn't really sure about them, but was definitely intrigued! He finally got in it and was soaked! I wish we had gotten in it too! It sure was HOT that day!

We had a fun night at the Wildflower Friday night before heading back to Bham on Saturday morning. Hudson loved the guy singing and playing the guitar at the Wildflower. He kept running up to him and then running back to us. It was so funny. He even clapped at the end of every song. He had everyone's attention and it was SO fun!

Joel is such a good husband and he gave me a girl's night out on Saturday night. What husband lets his wife go out on Father's Day weekend?!?! Ha! I haven't been out in such a long time with just the girls and we had a fun time eating at Botega Cafe and then drinks at Dram.


Joel was so nice about it that I let him sleep in this morning until 9! Lucky guy! He deserves it though. We appreciate all that he does for us. He is such a good father and Hudson just adores him. We had lunch at Another Broken Egg and then all had a long nap this afternoon. It was a great day!

Happy Father's Day to all the other Daddy's out there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment