Saturday, June 26, 2010

Goodbye Carrie and a Saturday at McWane

We had to say goodbye to Carrie yesterday afternoon. It has been one rough week leading up to her departure. It feels like just yesterday that she told us she was done with LA and was coming home, and now she's moved back. I'm not gonna lie...there have been some tears shed over this one! Anyway, Hudson and I took her to the airport yesterday and we were all fine, meaning no tears, until Carrie went to say goodbye to Hudson and he just lost it. He cried so hard! It was terrible. I know, you are probably thinking that he wouldn't understand what was going on, and I really thought that too, but seriously, he did not want her to leave him. He was SO upset. It was really like he understood everything. So of course, that let the waterworks begin for all of us! It was a very sad goodbye! I already miss her so much and I have no idea who I'm going to watch the Batchelorette with on Monday nights (and down a bottle of wine!). :)

One last picture with Aunt Carrie before she left. While we were packing up the car, Hudson, after he thought Carrie's suitcase was a riding toy and rode on it all the way to the trunk, decided to climb into the front seat on his own and play with the steering wheel. It was too cute!

He thought he was hot stuff!

We decided that after such a sad day yesterday that we needed a fun day today. We woke up to overcast skies and thought it might rain, so we decided that the McWane Center might be something fun to go do. I was a little worried that there wouldn't be much for Hudson to do, but I was amazed. We will definitely be back. There was so much for him to do and he just ran all over that place. He didn't slow down for a second. I would definitely recommend it to any parents with kids around Hudson's age!

Checking out the dinosaurs (or dogs as Hudson called them) with Dad...




They have a virtual reality thing and I was playing the drums. Hudson joined me and danced! It was so adorable. He has really gotten into the dancing thing! Ha!



They have a Mr. Potato Head exhibit going on right now and it was MADE for Hudson's age! He had a ball with everything Mr. Potato Head!




Hudson loved the fish exhibit as well and pointed out every fish that he saw. They have a place that kids can pet sharks and stingrays and we watched that for a while. I wasn't about to let Hudson stick his hands in that thing, but Joel and I gave the sharks some love! It was fun!

After spending a couple of hours there, Hudson was flat wo' out! We managed to make it to lunch before Hudson took a 3 hour nap! Seriously, he ran around for the whole 2 hours and was really entertained! Highly recommend it--it really was fun for all! We had such a good day and it was so good to spend that time with my little family. I needed it for sure!

I will end this post with a funny. We had another first tonight...Hudson pooped in the tub for the first time. I know, gross! I shouldn't put that on this blog, but it was a big ordeal and I just have to laugh about it (and wonder why this hasn't happened before!). I couldn't handle it. I had to get Joel to go fish it out! Ha! As many times as I have changed his diaper, you would think that I could handle a little poop in the tub. Nope! Thank goodness for my sweet husband who came to the rescue (and even cleaned the tub out too!)!

2 comments:

  1. Literally laughing out loud at that last comment! OMG! Also, he was too cute Friday! I want one just like him (in a year or two). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tub poo is scary! I thought since it hadn't happened yet, that we were past that point...I just got a wake up call!

    Hope y'all have a good week!

    ReplyDelete