Monday, June 7, 2010

Dinners Out (Weekend in Review)

Eating out with a 15 month old is always an experience. We never know how he's going to be. Just when we are at our wits end and say that we are never going to eat out again, he's a perfect angel. We don't eat out much anymore, but we got invited to two dinners out with the fam this weekend and just had to go! Friday night, we went to Dodiyo's with Joel's parent's and aunts and uncles (and cousins). We had been at the pool all afternoon and had just showered and put on our pj's when we got asked to go and of course, we didn't want to turn them down! It was a little later than we normally go, but we figured we would chance it and decided ahead of time that we were ok with taking turns being outside. And, of course, that's what we did. It's not that Hudson was bad, but he didn't want to have anything to do with the high chair, and that was an issue. I'm sure the workers didn't appreciate him running into the kitchen (it only happened once!). He also didn't want to leave Joel's dad the whole time. In fact, Connie Kanakis, one of the owners of the restaurant who was a big fan of Hudson kept calling Joel's Dad "Daddy" every time he walked by. I was like, "No, he's the Granddaddy!" It was slightly embarassing.

Everyone took turns with Hudson outside. When it was my turn, we walked all around SoHo and looked at all the people eating outside. It was at that point that Hudson did a nosedive. I was letting him walk by himself and he tripped and landed on his face--in front of all those people. And yes, he started screaming...so loud that I scooped him up so fast and ran around the corner so that he could get calmed down and so I could assess the damage. There was none, thankfully. He was fine. I think it just scared him. He calmed down quickly, but we hung out for a while where we were (I didn't want to walk by all those people again!). About 5 minutes later, this man comes up to us with a bag of ice and told me that that fall probably hurt and he needed ice. I think my face turned so red at this point! Total embarassment! Hudson didn't want anything to do with the ice but to play with it, but what a nice man to do that for him. Dinner was yummy though and everyone had fun (even if we did have to take turns being outside!). Thanks to Pops for doing most of the legwork, although unfortunately, he's Hudson's first choice so he didn't have much of a say in the matter! He's so good with him though!

Carrie came home Friday night so after dinner, I dropped the boys off at home and headed over to my parent's to wait for her arrival. I ended up staying until 11:30 pm! It was so fun though and I'm thankful she's back. Now, we just gotta get Andres to come here!

I don't know the last time I stayed up until 11:30, but that 6 am wake up call really hit me hard! Ha! Hudson decided he wanted to wake up early Saturday morning. We had Waterbabies and Hudson was a pill! He had SUCH a fun time at the pool Friday afternoon that I thought he would do good at Waterbabies, but he stayed up too late Friday night I think and got up too early. He was tired (so was his Mama!). We dunked him twice and he took it like a champ. Of course, he had dunked himself a few times on Friday at the pool and just thought it was hilarious, so we knew that was going to be ok. The rest of the time was spent trying to get him to stop screaming. Of course, this was the one week that Joel got in the pool too and he was so bad! Even the teacher asked what was wrong with him. Oh well. We all went home and took a nap, and then took another nap after lunch. That was the life!

That night, we had dinner with my family and extended family at McCormick & Schmick's. After Friday night's performance, we figured this dinner was going to be a disaster too. Luckily, my six year old nephew Blaine was there and he entertained Hudson the whole time. He was SO good!!! He loved his cousin so much and Blaine did a great job in keeping Hudson corraled.

Yes, that is a huge piece of bread that Hudson is running around with!







After dinner, Blaine wanted to show us his new Razor 360. We did it in the parking lot at the restaurant. It was so fun! Isn't he so cute?!?!


Even movie star Carrie in her 5 inch heels gave it a try...



I rode on it too and man, it was such a rush. We have to get us one of these! I would highly recommend them...fun for all ages (except there's not much leg room!).

Sunday, Joel and I went to Sunday School and then went to the Church of the Reconciler to feed the homeless. That experience deserves its own separate post that I will hopefully have up tonight. It was something that I don't want to forget and I can't wait to do it again! Hudson stayed with Joel's parents and had a blast. We all enjoyed some pool time that afternoon, then a walk with the dogs, and cooked out last night. It was a great weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment