Monday, August 31, 2009

My Baby is SIX Months OLD!!!

Wow, half a year already?!?!? Where has the time gone? It is a little bittersweet that he is already 6 months old. I so miss the days that he would just lay in my arms and stare at me as if there was nothing else in the world. It is sad to think that those days are over with him, but on the other hand, 6 months old is so much fun! His sweet personality is definitely starting to come out, and he is FULL of smiles! He especially loves his Daddy right now. I'm feeling a little left out these days, but I am glad to know that his Daddy really makes him happy!

Here is Hudson at 6 months old! I tried to get the stuffed animal to stay next to him, but he wouldn't have it. He just wanted to play with it. Oh well!

I think I say this every month, but I love his smile!

Hudson is finally well again. He started to get sick around July 4th weekend, and then he had the ear infection at the end of July. He was well from that for about two days and then got this horrible cough that lasted almost all of August. After many sleepless nights, I finally took him to the doctor a couple of weeks ago, and we were told that they think he has bad allergies because he was showing no signs of being sick...he just had a cough and had a stuffy nose during the night time. He said worst case scenario, he has asthma. I was totally stressing over this news. I didn't want him to have asthma!
x
Anyway, the cough has strangely gone away now and Hudson is back to being a happy camper. Maybe he does have allergies...maybe not. I really think he just had a bad cough that had to get through his system. I'm sure this all has to do with something he picked up in daycare. I'm hoping that is the case anyway!
x

We are hoping to see a tooth pop through any day now! This is how he spends most of his days...with a finger feeling around in his mouth.


We are doing really well on the solid food. He has tried cereal, sweet potatoes, squash, carrots, applesauce, peaches, and green beans.
x
This is how he feels about green beans!


I am still just feeding him solid foods once a day. We go to the pediatrician on Wednesday for his 6 month checkup. We may start doing it more than once a day after this visit. His favorite food by far is applesauce. He can eat a whole container of applesauce in about two seconds! He really likes carrots too. He is not too fond of squash, but he will eat it. The worst has been green beans. He would not even let any go down. He just shook his head no and gagged until it came out. I think we may put that one aside and try it later. I'm going to be in big trouble though if he doesn't like green beans! That is a staple in our house and just about the only veggie that I will eat! Oh and we did cereal to start with, but I tried to give him cereal and a fruit or veggie a few weeks ago, and he would have nothing to do with cereal anymore. He just spits it right back out. I probably wouldn't eat it either...it's pretty gross.
x
He also tried ice cream for the first time this month. He has had this fear of my Dad...I mean, he would look at my Dad and start screaming. It just broke my heart, but what can you do? Well, we went to lunch with my Dad one day and he fed him some of the ice cream from our dessert. He LOVED it...and he loves my Dad now too! Haha...my Dad said he would do anything to get him to like him. It worked!!!
x
He is loving his feet now. This is new within the past week or so. He loves to grab his feet. I'm pretty sure he can get them in his mouth!


Hudson is still grabbing things like crazy. Anything he can get his hands on is good with him, but preferably the remote control for the TV and my cell phone. We have bought him all these toys for him to play with, but those are unfortunately his favorites. I did find him a toy cell phone and he likes that pretty well!


He still loves his jumperoo too. He is starting to outgrow his play mat, which makes me sad, but at least he loves the jumperoo. It has a weight limit of 25 pounds, and I'm sure we'll be testing that soon!


Hudson is a pro at sitting up by himself now. He has been doing this for a couple of weeks now without plopping back down. He is much happier being able to sit up. He can't pull himself up to a sitting position yet, but he will stay there if you put him that way. He is also really trying to crawl. He kind of swims when you put him on his stomach and he can get his arms and head up really high, but the back end is the tough part! It is funny to watch him try though. He really wants to do it, but he's just not ready yet. He started this little army crawl this past weekend so he can scoot a little bit. Our house is not ready for him to be on the move yet so hopefully he will wait on that a little longer!
x
He is on a schedule now too! That was one of the things that I wanted daycare to help me out with, and they got him on a schedule in about a week! He takes 3 naps a day. He wakes up around 6:30, naps for about 30 minutes around 8:45, eats at 10:30, takes a good long nap from 11:30 to 1 or 1:30, eats at 2:30, naps for about 30 minutes around 4, eats solid foods around 5:30, bath at 6:30, bottle at 7 and down for the night around 7:30. He pretty much sticks to this schedule and it has been nice to know when I will have time to get a few things done around the house!
x
He is in 9 month clothes now. I have had to pack up all the 6 month stuff...so sad!
x
That's about it for his 6 month post. Like I said before, we are going to the doctor on Wednesday so I will be sure to post his stats. I'm sure he will be off the charts in weight and height! His is a big boy!
x
Happy 6 months old little buddy!

1 comment:

  1. Mindy I always love your updates b/c Carter is exactly a month behind Hudson so I get to see what I can look forward to! Carter isn't very close to sitting up by himself but hopefully he'll get there soon & he still isn't a big fan of solid food yet. He is a little chunk just like Hudson though...they could big buds!! :)

    ReplyDelete