Tuesday, August 18, 2009

And in a Flash She was GONE!

This PRETTY girl...

finally graced us with her presence and met little Hudson for the FIRST time last weekend. It was SO much FUN!!!

Hudson was in love with Carrie...I think it was her hair that he loved the most!!! Lots of grabbing potential!

I really don't know why I take pictures with Carrie. I look like Casper next to her! Seriously, I need a tan in the worst way!


I love this picture of Carrie, my mom, and Hudson.


We had a little fun with the new camera this weekend too!


I love my happy buddy!


Carrie came in town for a friend's wedding this weekend. It had been since Christmas that we saw her! We had a lot of fun hanging out Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I was so sad when she had to leave on Sunday, but she'll be back in 6 weeks for another wedding! Thank goodness for weddings, huh?!?!
x
On that note, I have had a lot of people ask me if I was upset that she didn't come home for Hudson's birth, but yet she came home for a friend's wedding, and honestly, I understand. I would have loved for her to have been there, but I know there are a lot of other factors involved when you live all the way across the country! I put myself in her shoes and at that age, I had no idea that the birth of a child was something that was such a miracle! She will never know until she experiences it herself, and I hope that she does some day (after she gets a husband of course!). I will most certainly be there when it does happen though! I remember when Morgan was born while I was in college, and it didn't even occur to me that I should go home. I wish I had now, but at the time, I just didn't understand. I remember talking to Trey that day and I didn't realize until later just how happy Trey was when I talked to him that day, and I wish that I could have been a part of that wonderful day. I just had no idea...so I know that Carrie is the same way and that is ok (and the fact that she has no money and no vacation!). I am just so grateful to have her as a sister and I was so glad to get to see her this weekend, even if it was only for a few days. When Carrie moved to Los Angeles, and then Vann passed away, it was so hard on all of us. I sometimes feel like I have lost two siblings instead of one, so everytime I get to spend with Carrie, I cherish every minute of it. I love how our family comes together while she is here. It really feels like old times and I so miss that! We have all been through such a hard time and Carrie has always been able to brighten everyone up. We used to call her Carrie "Sunshine" Whitt! Haha! Anyway, she'll be back in 6 weeks, and then again at Christmas so I'm super excited about the next few months! After Christmas, I'm going to plan a trip out there because I don't think I could do another 8 month stretch like we have done this year! That is terrible!
x
I just love this picture of Carrie and Morgan...if I could figure out how to crop Hudson out, I will! He was loving Morgan's braids!
x

So sweet!


Carrie, Mama Jean (my grandmother), and I all have August birthdays (4th - Carrie, 5th - mine, and 7th - Mama Jean), so we all got together and celebrated the August birthdays at Old Overton on Saturday. I know the family just hates buying 3 gifts all at once, but we always have fun celebrating this time of year!
x
Blaine and Joel were twins. Blaine loves to play with Joel and I'm so happy that Joel can be that father figure to Blaine! I just wish we could see him more often! They had on the same color Polo, but Joel had a pink horse on his, and Blaine had a blue horse. Blaine kept saying that Joel's shirt was a girl shirt because of the pink horse! It was so funny!


Here are the August birthday girls and all the kids! Blaine didn't really want to be in a picture with all the girls!


We had dinner with Carrie on Thursday night, and then Friday night Joel and I went out with some friends to dinner. We took Hudson, but Joel's parents came and got him halfway through! Hudson doesn't do too well staying up much past 7 these days, so he was extra cranky. We had a fun time hanging out with Hunter and Lauren and Allan and Shelley. I should have taken my camera, but I didn't. I can't wait to hang out with all of them again!
x
Saturday, we had lunch with the family and then wedding season began Saturday night! I have 5 co-workers that are getting married in the next 4 months, and one ex co-worker getting married. It is going to be a busy few months coupled with football season! Joel stayed home with Hudson and I enjoyed a fun night out! We also took some more pictures of Hudson on Saturday afternoon. I'm sure everyone is thinking that we probably take way too many pictures of Hudson, but we don't want to miss anything!





Still lovin' the footsies!!!


We think his hair is looking a little RED!!!


I told Joel that I never am in any pictures with Hudson because I am always the one taking the pictures, so he grabbed the camera and took one of us. I look terrible and Hudson is still dressed from church (although this is usually the case anyway--I dress Hudson so cute and don't bother with myself!), so this is not the greatest, but at least I will have one picture of me with my child for him to show at his rehearsal dinner someday! Haha!


Happy buddy!


We had a SUPER busy weekend, but it was worth it! It went by WAY TOO FAST!!! Can't wait to see Care-Bear again soon!

3 comments:

  1. You and Carrie both look great! I love the picture of her, Hudson, and your Mom...it is a great picture! What kind fo camera did you get? I am going to need to upgrade by this time next year when Claudia starts taking dance! Glad y'all had a good visit with Carrie...I hope she enjoyed meeting little Hudson...I can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ash! We got a Canon Rebel XLS or something like that...it was pricey, but SO worth it! You will definitely need to get a quick snap camera when C starts dance (can't believe she is to that stage already...so cute!). Hope to see you soon! Football season is almost here!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know...time flies! Enjoy Hudson at this age...it goes by to fast! I hope y'all can make it down for some games...would love to see you! WDE!

    ReplyDelete