Sunday, August 9, 2009

Another Year Older

My birthday was last Wednesday, August 5th, so I'm a little behind on updating the blog! We have had a busy week and weekend. My sweet co-workers took me to lunch that day at the Tavern, my favorite. We had so much fun! Then, Joel and I celebrated the night by going to dinner with my parents. Hudson was TERRIBLE! Joel and I had to take turns being outside with him. We could not get him calmed down. Finally, Joel took him home. I don't know what was wrong with him. I think it was probably a combination of teething and being sleepy, but who knows. I'm about ready for these teeth to appear! I feel like we have had a rough past week and that's the only thing I can think of that is the cause!

Anyway, back to my birthday! Ever since Hudson was born, I realized that our camera, which has been wonderful for the past 4 years, was not going to cut it! I had the hardest time catching Hudson's smiles on camera because it took so long for the camera to take...by the time it took, the smile was gone! So, we bit the bullet and got a new camera for our anniversary/my birthday gift. It has been WONDERFUL so far! It will even take in black and white, which is my favorite.

I must tell a funny story about my husband. He called me up on my birthday and said that he had just gotten a great deal on the camera and couldn't wait to give it to me. I am the money worry wart in our family and I knew the camera we wanted was pricey, so I asked him what kind of deal he got on it because this was great news to me! He kind of paused a bit, and then said, well, I had to buy a new TV to get the deal. Great. I told him that I hoped we got the camera for free with that purchase, and he said that he saved $50 on the camera. Really, $50. That's all. But, now we have a brand new TV for the MAN ROOM. Because that is what is important, right? It's my birthday and Joel gets a new TV for his room that is not even finished yet. Nice.

Oh well, here's some fun that I have had with the new camera!



Mama Jean's birthday was on Friday, so we went and visited with her. We had a great time! Hudson loves Mama Jean.

Hudson LOVES bath time!




As you can see, I'm having SO much fun with the new camera! I'm still trying to figure out all it has to it. I'm not used to this kind of camera that has all the works! It is fun though...and I have a pretty good subject to practice on! Happy Birthday to me! And to my sister, whose birthday is the day before mine on August 4th, and to Mama Jean, whose birthday is on August 7th! Our family just loves this week in August. HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment