Sunday, March 30, 2014

Weekend Fun

Hey, it's me again! Three times in a week--woo hoo! I got back from Mobile Thursday night. It was a good few days away (if you call 12 hour working days good), but it was even better getting home to my boys. Joel left on a plane this morning to go to Houston for the week, so now it's my turn as the single parent! Can't wait for normal weeks again (but at least I don't have to really cook this week!).
 
The boys looking all handsome this morning before church...
 

 I'm thankful I made it home safe and sound Thursday night. On Friday, Hudson wanted to go to school and Harrison wanted a stay home day with Mommy and right after I dropped Hudson off, I was driving in the parking lot of the school and my steering wheel completely locked up. It was really scary. Thanks to my little minor curb hitting during snowpocalypse, my car is now in the shop for the THIRD time. That little curb I hit, well, it's now up to $3,000 of damage and counting. We are thankful for insurance, but this is getting to be a real pain. But like I said, I'm thankful it happened in a parking lot and not on interstate 65 the night before, and thankful that my parents have 3 cars. I think they are going to start charging us soon though.

Look at these faces! I missed them so much while I was gone!

This two year old is obsessed with Hudson's 4 wheeler. He knows he is only supposed to use it on low, but he will sneak it to high every now and again and he just gives you this grin like I know I'm not supposed to be doing it, but it sure is fun! It's hard to tell him to slow it down!

The boys had two birthday parties on Saturday, back to back. It was so fun, but pretty exhausting too! I took one picture. That is pretty sad because they were both adorable parties! Caroline Powell had her birthday at Yogurt Lab and the kids had a blast eating whatever amount of ice cream and toppings they could dream of. I should have taken a picture of their bowls. They were gross. Then it was off to William Russ' magician party with quite possibly the cutest little old man running the show that I've ever seen. Joel said it was just "sooo Mountain Brook". Too funny! At the end, he made a rabbit appear. I was pretty blown away by it all! I never can figure out how they do it, even though I was totally looking for it the whole time!

 We came back home for naps and Joel went back out to run a few errands before going out of town. Unfortunately, he left with his phone on top of the car, and ended up with a smashed phone, which resulted in a 2 hour trip to AT&T for a new one. It was not Joel's day, bless his heart, and he hates to travel so this was just the icing on the cake. We stayed in last night and cooked out steaks...yum!

Our shot glasses have turned into excellent medicine glasses for Harrison! Ha!

 Horsey rides on Hudson!

 We went to church this morning and then Hudson went with Haines' fam to eat lunch after church and then to t-ball and to play a little bit afterwards at their house. He was SO excited, and I was very thankful that I didn't have to go to t-ball with Hudson and help him while trying to wrangle a 2 year old needing a nap. Mr. Clint was up to the challenge though (thank you!!!)--can't wait to see how it goes!

These next couple of pictures are from a few weeks ago. My kids are not scared in the least of snakes, which does not bode well for me. Joel found this snake in the yard and it was alive, but still hibernating, and the kids had so much fun playing with it. Hudson even tried to throw it at me. I was about to die. I.hate.snakes. After they played with it for a while outside, Joel brought it in and put it under some warm water to try and get it out of hibernation. I had to draw the line. No snakes in this house!
 Please excuse Harrison's outfit. He picked it out all by himself and was so proud. He looks hilarious to me in those jeans. He looks like he's upset here, but he's far from it! Poor snake!
We've had a great weekend and are hopefully going to enjoy the beautiful weather some more this afternoon! Here's to hoping the week goes by fast and that Joel will be home soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment