Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Weekend at the Cabin

We spent last weekend at the cabin and it was so nice! There was a hint of fall in the weather, and it got down right chilly up there at night and in the morning. It is nice to be able to let Hudson run around up there. There is so much for him to do and he just loves it.

Harrison had a lot of fun exploring too!

He practiced walking a lot!
He had so much fun with this little push toy. He got wreckless at times, but he had a ball.

Saturday morning, Joel, Hudson, my mom, and me all went canoeing on Little River while Harrison napped back at the cabin. I thought Hudson would love it. I could not have been more wrong about that. Once you are on a canoe in the middle of the river, there's not a whole lot you can do about a child that is throwing a fit. It was a bit of a miserable experience, thus, no pictures! But, we will go again--we just might have to leave Hudson at home! Ha! Truthfully, I think he was just so overtired from the night before that anything and everything was making him upset. I do still think he would like it (but I'm not trying again anytime soon!).

When we got back to the cabin, Carrie had arrived, and then shortly after that, Trey, Shondra, and Morgan came too. We had a full house, but that is what makes it so fun! The boys took humdingers of naps and I got to sit out on the porch and read my book and then visit with the family, and I enjoyed every second of it (that is, until I got stung by a wasp! Ugh!).

Once the boys were up, we headed back outside to play some more! Mom and Dad treated us to a wonderful dinner out (they have the BEST restaurants in Mentone!!!) and then we came back home and sat by the fire pit outside on the bluff. It could not have been more perfect!


Sunday was more playing outside (the weather was unbelievable for August!), followed by car drama (both Carrie's AND our car wouldn't start!). The guys weren't able to get Carrie's started so she had to take my parent's car back, but we did get ours jumped off. So weird! Anyway, I'm not sure I have mentioned this, but Carrie is moving back to California in 2 weeks so I was thankful to get in one good last visit with her before she leaves. To say I am sad is a huge understatement...I am REALLY sad, but Andres got a great job out there. I guess that's just life! I'm planning to visit in September though and I can't wait!!!



We had such a good time this weekend. I can't say enough about how awesome the weather was. I could just feel fall coming, and you know what that means, college football! We can't wait for more trips up there this fall. That is the best time to go and hopefully, we'll go a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment