Thursday, August 2, 2012

10 Months

Today little buddy turns 10 months old! The picture taking on the chair has officially become impossible. He wants nothing to do with it anymore and sure won't stay still!

He found his tongue today and it has been out all morning long! So funny!
He is just so darn cute. I love 10 months. He is all over the place crawling and pulling up and cruising on all the furniture. He is starting to let go some and balance, but I think we still have a ways on walking. I don't know why I think crawling is so cute, but I just do. I just try not to think about all the nastiness that is involved in crawling! He loves playing on his play table (he can really dance already!), throwing balls, and following Hudson wherever he goes. He also loves playing with doors! This is JUST like his big brother. Hudson was obsessed with them too (I think they must both have engineer brains like their daddy!). He has also become obsessed with the ceiling fans. Also, I'm not positive yet, but he, just like Hudson, is doing a lot with his left hand. Wouldn't it be strange to have two left handed kids?

He is now picking up and putting everything in his mouth. While this is great at mealtimes as he can feed himself, I have to watch him like a hawk when he's on the floor. I have fished out many things over the past month, from chalk, leaves, bugs, AND dog food just to name a few. Speaking of mealtime, he is doing great on table food and we are just about weaned off of baby food. He does still like his bottles, but not like he used to. He is down to maybe 6 ounces at each feeding, mostly 3 times a day, sometimes 4 if he needs a boost in the late afternoon. I try to just give him a snack to tie him over, but that is his fussy time for sure and sometimes his bottle is the only thing that will calm him down besides a nap, which I hate to do at 4 pm!

As for naps, he's taking two really good naps a day. He sleeps from about 8:30 to 10 am and then again from 1-3 in the afternoon. He goes to bed at 7 and gets up anywhere between 6 and 7:30. It just varies. We know when he's awake when we hear him banging on top of his crib. We have a monitor too, but the banging is usually the tell-tale sign that he's ready to get up!

He is finally saying Mama, but I'm still not sure if it is directed to me. At least he is saying it! He is still very attached to me, but he is starting to get comfortable with the grandparents too and responds to them when he sees them. He knows the word "no" very well as he hears it a lot. He doesn't like it, but it usually gets his attention! He also knows his name and will crawl to you when you say "come here" (just like a dog!).

He is still a big boy, weighing more than 24 pounds I think. He's in mostly 18 month clothes.

That's about it at 10 months! We are on the countdown to his first birthday. I can't believe it is almost here!

Since I haven't posted in a few days, I thought I would just dump the pictures from the camera from recently into this post too.

We had a fun time playing at the Bridges' house last weekend.
We called this "the stare down!"
These two boys are becoming fast buddies! Hudson learned for the first time (from Haines) that the "music truck" actually sells ice cream. Up until this point, the music truck has only played music. :) Now, it is all he can talk about. He says, "If you take money to the music truck, you can get ice cream." He had to learn the truth sometime!


Sunday before church. Yes, they were posing (this was the best I could do--Hudson just insisted that he had to sit on the stairs). :)
Angel face!
He is just trouble...
Joel has had to work all weekend the past few weekends so we went to church by ourselves on Sunday while Joel went to work. We were just about to leave when Joel came out of our room wearing the same thing Hudson had on. It was so cute! Hudson just loved that he and Daddy matched!
I have been obsessively watching the Olympics every second I get a chance. Hudson has gotten into the "limpics" too. He's my snuggle buddy at night. I just love it! But it's making me really tired...I don't stay up that late usually!

Joel and I celebrated 7 years of marriage on Monday! It's been a great 7 years!
We are actually going to celebrate our anniversary and my birthday tomorrow night with a date night and the kids are spending the night out. It is going to be glorious!!! I said when we got married that we would always make sure to celebrate our anniversary and my birthday on two separate occasions, but getting the opportunity to have 2 date nights within a week just isn't feasible at this stage in life. I'm thankful for our one night out though and will cherish every minute of it! And hopefully I will get to sleep in past 6 am on Saturday morning!

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea Hudson was left handed...Claudia is too!!

    By the way...Happy Late Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete