Monday, August 6, 2012

Birthday Weekend

We had a really fun weekend this past weekend. Friday night was our long-awaited date night. We think our last date night was in January--that is pretty sad! Joel and I went to Chuck's and had a fabulous meal, and then came home to a quiet house...all night long. It was great. We tried to sleep in, but I was wide awake at 5:30 am and could not go back to sleep. But, there is something to be said when you can get out of bed when you want to, and not when someone is saying, "Mommy Mommy, I need to...!" Not that I don't love being woken up by a certain little boy, but it sure was nice to have a morning off! :)

The Reed's had the kids back to our house by 9 am and then we all headed up to the lake for the day/night. We had a great time on the boat. I was a little afraid of how Hudson would do on the tube this time since we sort of went airborne the last time we tried it, but he was fearless and had the best time! He kept wanting Pops to go faster.
I even decided that this time I was going to attempt to ski. The last time I skiied, I was probably 12 and I actually got up on the first try. This time was not pretty. I could not get up at all. It was pretty embarassing to say the least! I inhaled a lot of lake water! :) I'm not sure I will be trying that again any time soon.

We took one last boat trip out after dinner and it was so fun watching the boys wakeboard while the sun set. What a beautiful backdrop! Oh and I got to blow out some candles after dinner too! I love my birthday! Thank you to the Reed's for bringing a cake. It was fun!
Yesterday was my official 31st birthday. I'm now "in my 30's." Oh well, it doesn't feel any different. We hung around the lake yesterday morning (more boating, tractor riding, and gator riding!) and Hudson even saw AND touched a snake. I am quivering just thinking about it (and very glad that I was not around when they found it!). He thought it was pretty cool though. We came back home yesterday afternoon and then headed to my parent's house last night to celebrate the August birthdays. Carrie, Mama Jean, and I all have birthdays the first week in August.

Today was the first day at Hudson and Harrison's new school and I am happy to report that it went really well! I think they are going to love it. I forgot to take a first day of school picture this morning, but I plan to do it tomorrow with my NEW mom camera! Joel surprised me with a new one and I can't wait to use it. Anyway, I'm going to say that Hudson is officially (and FINALLY) potty trained. He hasn't had an accident in a week and I'm just so proud of him! It sure does make things a little easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment