Monday, March 14, 2011

Wonderful Weekend...Rough Start to Monday

Our Saturday morning started a little like this...

And don't knock the Christmas pajamas! They still make an appearance around here, even in March! :) Joel had to put the drawer back in the train table. He had a great little helper! If you can't tell, Hudson has his play drill in his hand and was actually drilling in the holes. He caught on very quickly! He then helped Daddy with the screwdriver and held all the screws for him...it was all so cute to watch.

I headed out a couple of hours later to do a little bridesmaids dress shopping with Carrie. We picked out the dress and it's beautiful! I'm excited about it--she made an awesome choice. We had lunch at Urban Cookhouse in Homewood, strolled around At Home, and then it was time for me to head home.

After nap time, we decided it was a great day to bring out the bouncy house that we gave Hudson for his birthday. It was a HUGE hit! Hudson went nuts in there.







Saturday night, Joel and I actually got a date night! Woo hoo! We went to dinner and had a great time. It had been a while since we had had a stress free dinner out. Thank you to the Reed's for keeping little man for a little while.

We had good intentions of going to Sunday school and church yesterday, but with the time change, we didn't get up in time to make it to Sunday school. We could have made it to church, but decided to head out to Oak Mountain instead. It was a beautiful day! We hiked to Peevine Falls. Joel decided to take us on the treacherous path down to the bottom of the falls. With two dogs and a two year old, it was rough, but we made it! Hudson did awesome with the walking. He really hung in there and actually didn't fall at all! I was surprised!


We took a break at the bottom and let Hudson play in the water. He started by just throwing sticks and splashing around in it, but then he got up and walked in it. He was NOT afraid in the least, nor did he care that the water was ice cold.



I have no idea what Hudson is doing with his hands in the picture below.

It was a fun trip and a great family outing (and I'm so not the hiker!). It was short, so that was good! :)

This week is spring break so Hudson's school is closed. Joel's mom is graciously helping us out this week. She had planned to keep Hudson today so I could work, but something came up and so she's going to keep him tomorrow and Wednesday instead. Good thing it worked out that way because Joel started off to work this morning and had a dead battery...I mean dead, no jumping off potential! So, we had to call a tow truck to tow the car in, and all of my morning plans for outings came to a halt when I was left carless! We were lucky that this happened when I was off though. And, the bright side of it all was that Hudson had a blast watching the tow truck! We also watched the garbage truck come by, and they even gave Hudson a little honk. With his garbage truck obsession these days, that was as big of a hit as the tow truck!

We then took the dogs for a walk, and we got attacked by a dog. This was the second time that this particular dog has gotten out of its electric fence and come at us, although the last time Joel was with me! It bit me the last time, but this time, I kicked that dog about 5 feet! He yelped and then ran back into his yard...I was shaking half to death! Hudson and I were walking and didn't have the stroller, so I was afraid for all of us. Anyway, we survived. We came back home and played some more and then Joel got home with lunch (part of my plans this morning was to get to the grocery store--we had nothing!). We then headed to the car place to get Joel's car as it was already ready, and dropped my car off since it needed some work done too. After that, headed to Joel's parent's house for Hudson to see Joel's granddad, Papa John, who was just passing through town, and Joel's dad took Joel back to work since they work at the same place. It was complicated!

While we were visiting with Papa John, Hudson took a spill. He tripped and hit his mouth on a pull on a kitchen cabinet. Blood went everywhere! He has two teeth marks on the outside of his mouth where his teeth came through (or almost came through, who knows), and then a couple of big gashes on the inside of his mouth. Luckily, all of his teeth are still intact and aren't loose, so I think he's going to be fine. I just have a hard time seeing all that blood on my child and hearing him scream! It was awful! We were able to get him calmed down and the bleeding mostly stopped, so I headed back home for a much needed naptime for Hudson. I'm hoping he will sleep ok with his mouth the way it is because it sure was swelling up. We might be headed to the doctor later to get it checked out if it starts to look worse!

Here's to hoping the rest of our afternoon is problem free!

No comments:

Post a Comment