Sunday, August 8, 2010

We're Back!

It has been a while since I last blogged! I have a good reason though! Joel and I spent last week in Montana celebrating 5 years of marriage. Ever since I met Joel 7 years ago, he has talked about going back to Glacier National Park in Montana. We wanted to go on a trip for our anniversary since this was a big one, and since I got to pick the honeymoon location (Turks & Caicos), Joel said it was his turn to pick. Let's just say we have two totally different ideas when it comes to vacations! I'm a "lay on the beach and read 5 books kind of vacationer" while he is a "hike all day and sleep outside" kind of guy. I vetoed the sleeping outside way ahead of time! Joel would have had me sleeping in a tent for 7 nights if he had his complete choice! Anyway, so that's why we went there. It was beautiful there to say the least and we have over 400 pictures to prove it! While it was in the 100's in Birmingham, we enjoyed a week of 70 degree weather during the day and in the 40's at night, with NO humity! We had no tv for a week and no cell phone service for most of it as well, so we were completely out of touch for a week...not sure I liked that all that much, but I didn't have much of a choice!

We got back Friday night and have been loving on sweet Hudson every second since! Man, I really missed that little boy. It took me a few days to get over getting a lump in my throat every time I saw a child around his age on our trip. While it was great being away and getting to sleep in and most importantly, having conversations that didn't involve whether or not Hudson pooped that day, we also were so ready to get back home to see our little guy. Don't feel too sorry for him though--he got TONS of grandparent time in and spent half the time with Joel's parents and half with mine at the beach so he was completely spoiled the entire week. Thanks to both sets for letting us get away for the week! I'm not sure I will be able to leave him for that long again, but I know he will be just fine if we ever take another trip again!

I also celebrated my 29th birthday while we were gone so it was an eventful week. And, yes, Joel did remember my birthday this year for those who are wondering. I was a snot about it though...story to come at a later time! I'm pretty sure he wonders why he married me sometimes! :)

Stay tuned for lots of pictures and a 17 month post for Hudson since he hit that while we were gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment