Saturday, April 3, 2010

VCC Egg Hunt

Our good friends Megan and Reese invited us to an Easter egg hunt at Vestavia Country Club this afternoon. We had such a great time!

This was the best picture we could do with two mobile toddlers. Hunt is a lot more mobile than Hudson so I'm suprised he's actually sitting in this picture! Hudson was obsessed with his Easter basket.


The weather was actually pretty by the time we got there, but they had already decided to move the Easter egg hunt inside since it was a little wet and muddy outside. They had a separate hunt for kids ages 1-2. It was total chaos! I was not prepared for the madness. You have to get your eggs fast because they get gone in a hurry! Oh and you also have to watch your basket because there were a lot of thieves out there! Ha! Hudson was a little timid at first (there was a lot going on!) and then he got the hang of it. We only walked away with about 4 eggs, but we were proud of our little man for figuring it out! The hunt lasted about 3 minutes by the way...there were so many people there!




The eggs were filled with jelly beans. I'm not sure how smart that was based on the fact that 1-2 year olds were picking these up. Naturally, while we were in the car ride home, I noticed that Hudson had gotten into one of the eggs and had a jelly bean in his mouth! I was able to get it before he tried to swallow it, but it scared me to death.

I think this is so sweet of Hudson and Hunt! They were helping each other!


Sweet boys...

The Easter bunny was there too. I knew Hudson was going to be terrified (heck, I think I was a little terrified myself--look at that thing!), but we wanted to get him up close anyway...you know, for the photo op! I was going to take him to the mall yesterday to have his picture taken with him, but decided that it would probably be more torture than anything else and a definite waste of money! I'm sure glad I decided that! He didn't want to have anything to do with the Easter bunny. Every time we got close, he started crying! He was definitely clinging to his Daddy!




They also had a train ride so we took Hudson on it. You can't tell in this picture, but he loved it!


Thanks for inviting us Megan and Reese! We had a ton of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment