Sunday, April 11, 2010

MDO Help and Weekend Pictures

It has been one stressful week, but this weekend made up for it! The weather was beautiful and we are all so thankful that spring has arrived.

Rewinding back to last week, Hudson had another ear infection last Tuesday. I called the doctor just to let them know so that they can keep track of them (with tubes, all you are supposed to do is to put ear drops in when he gets an infection and let the doctor know by phone--you aren't supposed to have to go to the doctor anymore), however, since he had had another one only 10 days prior, they wanted to see him. Just a side note, Hudson took his last dose of the antibiotic from the previous infection last Sunday night! It is ridiculous! So, we are armed with another set of antibiotics and hoping that this one will do the trick.

We are very close to Hudson's pediatrician. He was Joel's pediatrician and he thinks of Hudson as his own. He has done so much for us and I am so thankful that he is Hudson's doctor. I wouldn't trust anyone else! I had a long conversation with Dr. C while we were there, and he recommended that we take him out of full-time daycare to let his immune system take a break. I guess Joel and I have been thinking about this for a while for various reasons, but to have the doctor tell me this, I really felt like I needed to do something about it immediately. He recommended that if I couldn't stay home (which I can't in the immediate future), that I put him in a Mother's Day Out. All day Tuesday I researched and called places around town in hopes that there might be a spot available. It is so hard to get in the good places around here without being on a waiting list for 2 years! And, it seems like all the registration dates for MDO's around here have passed and they are full. It has been so stressful trying to figure out what to do. I don't want to send him just anywhere, and I needed somewhere that I could still work my 28 hours a week (or something close to that). I worried about it all last week. Luckily, things got better on Friday, and I think we have found something for him at a church and I am happy with it--I have just never been good with change and when it affects my child, I am even more scared about it! The place is not convenient at all, but it would work with my hours and we have a friend there so that makes me feel so much better about it. There is one spot left so I feel like it was maybe meant to be, but for whatever reason I just haven't pulled the trigger and signed him up! If anyone that reads this has any recommendations, we are open!

Although Hudson had an ear infection, he wasn't feeling all that terrible on Tuesday so we went to the park and were outside for much of the day. I tried to put his sunglasses on him, but he didn't want them on his face at all! Luckily, he was feeling better by Wednesday and I sent him back to daycare.


By Friday, Hudson was all better. Saturday, we went to Blaine's soccer game in Trussville, ate lunch at Chick-fil-A, which Hudson LOVES, and then headed to Morgan's 7th birthday party (and watched a little of the Master's in between!). I love having things to do on the weekends, and when the weather is as pretty as it was this weekend, it's even better!



Hudson had so much fun playing in their backyard!

He also enjoyed a hot dog and some cake. He threw a major fit when we took the cake away!


The best part about Saturday was that my parent's offered to keep Hudson Saturday night so that Joel and I could go to dinner! It was awesome! We haven't been out to dinner just the two of us since New Year's and it was a much needed adult night out. We were only gone about an hour and a half, but it was so nice. My parent's took Hudson to the park and had a fun time too!

We went to our new Sunday school class this morning and it was great! It is at Vestavia Methodist and it is for parents with young children. If anyone is interested in going with us, let me know! We are very excited about it and feel like it is a class that the church has needed for a while. We had over 40 people there today so it is a big class. Hudson was not happy about being put in the nursery, so we didn't stay for the service, but I'm already looking forward to next Sunday!

We all had a fun time in the yard this afternoon. Hudson is so much happier when he is outside. He is saying "ball" and "dog" now, so it's pretty exciting! Well, it's more like "ba" and "da", but he's saying it at the appropriate times so we know that's what he's talking about!



He loves to mow the lawn and help his Daddy with the yard work!




I was unloading groceries in the kitchen earlier tonight and looked over at Hudson and he was IN the trash can! I know, gross, but it was hilarious. He would crawl in and then quickly crawl back out and look at us to make sure we were watching. Joel and I got so tickled that Hudson just kept on doing it! He was definitely putting on a show!



How can you get mad at this little guy (even if he did knock the trash can over and crawl in it and get his Sunday clothes all dirty!)?!?!?





I'm trying to upload a video of Hudson taking a few steps, but it is not working tonight. Be sure to check back soon! We are oh so close to having a walking little fella! Finally, because he sure is getting heavy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment