Friday, March 20, 2009

Two Weeks (a little late!)

I have been meaning to update the blog all week for last weekend's activities, but I have not had a chance to do it until now. I'm really not sure where this week went! Last weekend, Hudson met his great granddaddy, Papa John, for the first time. Papa John just moved to Birmingham from the lake to be closer to family, and we are so glad that he is closer so that we can see him more often! We definitely want Hudson to know Papa John. He is a great man. Anyway, here are some pictures from the first meeting.



Trey, Shondra, and Morgan also visited last weekend. Morgan held her new cousin for the first time. It was so cute, although, I really think Morgan was more interested in the dogs than Hudson. I'm sure that will change as he gets older though! I have a cute picture of Morgan holding him, but it's on the video camera and I can't figure out how to get those pictures off! I'll upload it as soon as Joel can help me!

Cameron, Kelli, and Caroline also brought us dinner Saturday night. It was delicious! Cameron made this chocolate and peanut butter dessert that was out of this world. I ate so much of it that it made me sick! It was definitely worth it though. Thank you all for bringing dinner (and Jennifer too, we missed seeing you). Finding the time to cook these days is very difficult, so Joel and I really appreciate your generosity and are so blessed to have you all as friends! Thanks again!

Joel's good friend John was in town this weekend from New York and wanted everyone to go to dinner on Sunday night. He had brought his new girlfriend Janice home with him and wanted us to meet her. Joel and I were a little skeptical about meeting them for dinner because we wanted them to meet Hudson, but this was our first real outing with him and the thought that he might scream bloody murder in the restaurant scared us to death! And, after all, he was only two weeks old. But, we did it anyway, and it was a success! He slept through the whole dinner! We went to Sweetbone's at the Summit and it was delicious. We loved meeting John's girlfriend...she's definitely a keeper. We're hoping that she's the one! She's from LA, so just maybe they will end up getting married and have the wedding out there...Carrie, we may be coming for a visit!!! Below is a picture from Hudson's first dinner out. I completely cut him out of the picture! Oh well, I promise he was there next to Joel!


Well, I have more pictures to upload, but the little guy is letting me know it is time to eat, so I will upload those later. We are also off to the pediatrician in a little while, so I'll update that visit later.

No comments:

Post a Comment