Monday, March 23, 2009

Chunky Monkey

Joel and I took Hudson to the pediatrician on Friday for his 2-4 week checkup. He was 3 weeks old on Sunday. He weighed 8 pounds, 9 ounces!!! At the appointment two weeks before that, he was 7 pounds. The pediatrician asked us if we ever feed him...haha! He is gaining about an ounce and a half a day. He said that on average, newborns gain about an ounce a day, so we are a little more than that, but he's hungry ALL the time! I feel like all I do is feed him! He is only in the 50th percentile for his weight, but I have a feeling we'll be moving up on that chart at this rate! He was still only 21 inches long, which is what he was a birth. We are thinking that they didn't measure him right at birth because he is definitely longer than he was. Hudson had to get his heel pricked and it broke my heart when he started screaming! I don't know what I'm going to do at his 6 week checkup...he has to get 4 shots!

This past Saturday we had a full day out of the house. This was another first for us. I usually take him out of the house in between feedings, and I make sure I'm back quickly. I had never had to change him or feed him while out and about before. Hudson met his cousin Blaine and Aunt Ashley on Saturday for the first time. They both had the stomach bug when Hudson was born, so we had been staying away from them until that was gone. Ashley's best friend and next door neighbor Abby is a photographer so she came over and took some pictures. I can't wait to see how they turned out!!! I think there are going to be some great ones. As soon as I get them, I will post them. I didn't take any pictures myself since she did, so we'll have to wait on hers. Blaine wanted to hold Hudson the whole time. It was so cute. He wouldn't even let his mommy hold him! From there, Hudson went to meet Joel's aunt Susan and uncle Alan for the first time. We had dinner at Joel's aunt's house. It was a really fun time, although Joel and I were exhausted by the end of the day. I think Hudson was pretty worn out too. He was passed around a thousand times on Saturday! I didn't take any pictures Saturday night either. I'm really bad about this! Here are some cute pictures from the past week though.







I think we're going through the three week growth spurt this week. Hudson has started eating every 2 and a half hours and is eating almost 6 ounces a feeding! When he's not eating, he's screaming. The only thing that will calm him down is if you hold him. I don't want him to get used to being held, but I'll do anything at this point to keep him from crying! Hopefully this is just a stage though and it will be over soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment