Friday, December 23, 2016

My Sweet Big Boy

This is kind of a random post, but I wanted to make sure I got these pictures added to the blog! Hudson received the Character Award at school last week for displaying honor and respect to his friends. We are very proud of the big boy he is becoming! We are also very glad that he still received this when two days prior to him getting the award, he got in trouble at lunch for "fighting" with a friend over a seat! :)
 

He is a crazy boy for sure...he even made this lovely creation of ME out of legos and a train track. I had to explain to him that I do not use the restroom that way! Hahaha! He will probably be really mad at me later in life for taking a picture of him and putting it on the blog, but it was pretty darn hilarious. You can definitely tell he has a creative spirit!

We had a really bad scare these past 2 weeks when Hudson came home with an abnormal eye screening test from school. His vision was absolutely fine, but the screening said that there was something significant in his eye and we needed to see an ophthalmologist as soon as possible. I should have known better than to google what it meant, but I thought it would make me feel better. It only made me more worried! I sent the picture to our pediatrician who was able to get us in to see the ophthalmologist yesterday instead of the January appointment they gave me initially. That made me more nervous too because he thought it was serious! The past 2 weeks were so hard on me thinking that something was seriously wrong with him, but by the grace of God, we went yesterday and there was not a darn thing in his eye. He said he was perfectly normal and it was obviously just something on the surface of his eye the day the eye screening was done. We are so grateful it was nothing serious, and definitely counting our blessings. I have to say that walking through Children's Hospital just going to the eye doctor sends a shiver down my spine. There are so many that aren't as lucky and are going through so much. The Reed fam is celebrating HEALTH this Christmas season!!!

On a lighter note, Hudson is playing basketball and is doing so well! He scored 8 points last game and is such a great little defender. It's fun to watch!


No comments:

Post a Comment