Monday, August 29, 2016

Last Trip to Sand Cliffs

I wrapped up my last vacation to Sand Cliffs in July after spending 35 years going there. My parents bought the beach condo the year I was born and I've never been anywhere else. It's such a special little place that will forever hold some of my best childhood memories, and also memories with my own kids! I hope they will remember it like I do! I remember when there was no one on our end of the beach. It was almost too quiet, and when we were young, we longed for the busy beach. Now, I would give anything to go down there where no one else is! My how times have changed. That area of 30-A has grown! The condo was so small and old, but quaint and cozy. Right outside the screen door was heaven! It was so great being right on the beach, the pool and the beach just steps away. It was hard saying goodbye! My whole family agreed though that it was time to move on to something bigger, where we could all enjoy the beach together. Mom and Dad bought a lot a few years ago down in Santa Rosa, so not too far, and plans are in the works to build a house. The condo sold the first day that it went on the market to someone that did not even need to see it to know it was the one for them! That's just how awesome Sand Cliffs is!
 
Anyway, back to our last little family vacation of the summer. Joel actually got to stay the week with us this time and for the first time in over a year, felt just about 100%! That made it all the better.
 


We really did not do anything special other than play on the beach, pool, and go out to eat! It was perfect. I read 2 books, which was amazing! That's what happens when Dad comes along too!
 
 We did go visit the new lot and these were the views from the tower in the middle of the development. Definitely not beach front, but it is in a quiet area and will be just as beautiful!

It has an area to kayak and fish, and this great little covered dock with tables that I can just imagine having a glass of wine while watching the sunset!
 
 Silly boys!

It did not rain at all where we were that week, but there were several afternoons where I sat on the beach and watched a storm come in down the beach from us. It provided a great breeze on the beach!

 And the water was gorgeous this trip!










 This was our last night. We went down to the beach for one final walk and crab hunt and we hit the jackpot on crabs. Much better than when I went down there alone with the boys! Joel helped a ton with the crab hunt! The sunset was so pretty that night!

As I am writing this, I am wishing I was back down there! Hopefully the new house will start being built soon and we can get down there next summer! Thanks for the memories Sand Cliffs! I'm quite sure we will be back to visit! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment