Tuesday, November 4, 2014

The Best Fudge Pie

For a while now, I've wanted to post recipes on the blog. As a working mom, it's hard to get it all done at night. With homework and practices and bath time and reading all to do, adding a home cooked meal to the mix is tough! A lot of nights, there's just not enough time! Thankfully, most days I am home by 4:30 so this helps a ton. Quick meals are still a must though and I use my crockpot a ton. I cook at least 4-5 times a week, so stay tuned for meal ideas. I really need a place to store some recipes as well, so hopefully this will hold me accountable!
 
I think this is the first time ever that I've baked a dessert during the week, but I got a craving today and just had to make this fudge pie tonight, so why not kick this recipe thing off with dessert?!?! :)
 
 I saw this recipe floating around Facebook a few months ago and I finally got around to making it two weeks ago...it was so good that I had to make it again tonight. It's SO easy! Trust me, if I can make it, anyone can. I'm the one that two weeks ago put slice and bake cookies in the oven and then two hours later realized they were still baking in the oven. Yeah, good thing I didn't burn the new house down! Ha!
 
Ok so back to the fudge pie. The ingredients are things you will likely already have on hand, so that's what got me hooked to begin with.
 
1 stick of butter, softened
1 cup of sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup all purpose flour
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix in well. Add cocoa powder, salt, and flour, and stir until well combined. Grease an 8" pie plate with butter or Pam. Poor mixture in and bake for 30-35 minutes.
 

I forgot to take a picture before we sliced it (love how it looks like Pac-man!), but you get the picture. We served it warm with ice cream on top. YUM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment